Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs weekly blood draws and vitals.
- Assist with meals, dishes, and bathroom observations
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Manages client's medical needs including schedule appointments,
complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and
tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge,
including the use of Discovery Connect. This is a full-time
position that will work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
between 2:00-10:30pm. For a virtual tour of the facility, please
visit our website at -centerfordiscovery.com - - - -
--- - - -Experience working in behavioral healthcare preferred
--- - - -Must hold an unencumbered nursing license in the state in
which you are applying
- Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? Apply anyway! To
provide truly innovative care, we need to have a diverse team
around us. That's why Discovery Behavioral Health is committed to
creating an inclusive environment. If you find yourself meeting
some but not all the above, we'd be happy to consider your
application. Additional Information
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is
reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we
work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and
strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be
an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. For more
information about our company benefits, please visit us at
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/ PandoLogic. Keywords:
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Location: San Diego, CA - 92108 ,
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, San Diego , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!