Snax and Stix - Snack Bar Cashier
Company: Valley View Casino & Hotel
Location: Valley Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
WHO WE ARE:
Be a member of the winning team at Valley View Casino & Hotel named
one of San Diego's Best Places To Work by the San Diego Business
Journal. Valley View is where fun and your future will come
together join our team for a fun and exciting environment with
amazing benefits that focus on you, your family and helping you
reach your lifetime goals!
Deeply rooted in the Valley Center community, we, the San Pasqual
Band of Mission Indians, have a rich local history. With traditions
founded upon "good neighbor" values, our Tribe has been a part of
this community for many generations. Valley View Casino & Hotel
reflects our proud heritage of enterprise and opportunity; it is a
place for our friends and neighbors.
At Valley View Casino & Hotel our team members are the foundation
of who we are and what we do. The compassion, encouragement and
level of experience that you will be exposed to will put you on a
career path full of opportunities for advancement.
Description of the Position:
Responsible for preparing and dispensing food to guests,
maintaining necessary stock of related foods and condiments and
cashiering for related purchases. Team Member will work under
general supervision and rely on limited experience, instructions
and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
- All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley
View Casino & Hotel's Standards of Excellence as outlined in the
Team Member Guide to Success.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest
complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a
courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
- Prepares and dispenses food to guests.
- Responsible for ensuring cleanliness and hygiene of work area
are in accordance with Company standards.
- Maintains stock of all necessary related food supplies.
- Refills and stocks condiment and dining ware.
- Participates as a team member with supervisors and all other
pertinent company Team Members in ensuring an efficiently run
- Maintain count and balance of bank at the beginning and end of
- Responsible for all cash handling, credit card and/or comp
purchases at assigned station.
- Willingness to Serve: Able to demonstrate a high level of
service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure guest
satisfaction: deal with service failures and prioritize guest
- Other duties as assigned by Restaurant Manager.
- Adheres to performance standards, company policies and
procedures, as they relate to the department. Required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of cash handling experience.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Ability to maintain a food handler's certificate.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions,
guidelines, policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use commonsense understanding to interpret and carry
an extensive variety of instructions in written, oral and/or
- Must use good judgment when providing information to our
- Must display the ability to maintain positive guest relations
at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance
- Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a
professional and ethical manner.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the
Tribal Gaming Agency.
- Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
- Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill
testing. Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to understand oral and verbal communication while using
Valley View Casino & Hotel's communication tools which include but
are not limited to radios, cell phones, and or email.
- Physical Requirements of the Position:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception)
is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading
and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing
equipment and other essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is
regularly required to talk and hear.
- The Team Member is required to stand, walk, and sit and use
hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach
with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl and taste or smell.
- The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Working
The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week;
therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is
exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk
of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental
conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but
not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside
environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. Other
- Native American hiring preference applies.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or
- You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of
the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit
to the Standards of Excellence.
- Management has the right to revise this job description at any
- The job description is not a contract for employment.All team
members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino
& Hotel's Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member
Guide to Success. Maintain positive guest relations at all times,
resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction.
Greeting guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized
Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the
Tribal Gaming Agency. Must be able to successfully pass applicable
auditions or skill testing and a drug screening test. While
performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to
second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or
airborne particles. The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7)
days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all
- Pay Type Hourly Required qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
Keywords: Valley View Casino & Hotel, San Diego , Snax and Stix - Snack Bar Cashier, Other , Valley Center, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!