Security Officer - Snapdragon Stadium
Company: Oak View Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Oak View GroupOak View Group is a sports and entertainment
company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena
development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance,
sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications,
conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is
headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout
the world.OverviewSecurity Officer is a full-time, hourly position
that reports to the Director, Security & Transportation. - Security
Officers will be responsible for protecting Snapdragon Stadium and
visitors, staff and vendors on a 24 hour, 7 day per week basis. -
- Monitors and operates closed circuit surveillance, access
control and fire alarm systems.
- Vets all stadium visitors/contractors, verifies appropriate
credentials and prevents unauthorized access to the premises.
- Patrols all stadium property as required and ensures, in a
friendly and professional manner, the security of employees,
contracted building partners and visitors.
- Detects and resolves immediate safety and criminal issues;
responds to the scene of an incident and acts as an emergency first
responder if required.
- Acts as property first responder to alarms, medical calls,
property damages, etc. Maintains absolute confidentiality on
- Maintains accurate notes and log information as required;
ensures that all pass-on information is communicated to the next
- Completes all activity logs, incident reports, repair forms and
other documents in a clear, concise and legible format in a timely,
efficient manner. -
- Performs person and package/parcel screening according to
Snapdragon Stadium policies and procedures.
- Conducts detailed internal investigations into incidents and
provides detailed, objective reports for each shift or
- Attends briefing and training sessions to ensure complete
knowledge of Stadium policies and upcoming events.
- Greet all clients, employees, guests and vendors at Snapdragon
Stadium in a professional manner.
- Follows established Stadium Security protocols and procedures
at all times.
- Represents the company in a positive and professional manner at
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience. Previous experience in large public
assembly facilities highly desirable. Courses in criminal justice
or security training by recognized academy, school or organization
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and
interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of
personnel and the general public in a professional and effective
manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment
within established guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English
language, both orally and in writing. - Ability to communicate in
Spanish is desired. -
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including utilizing email
and Microsoft Office and the ability to learn to efficiently
operate a variety of software applications.
- Previous Law Enforcement/Public Safety experience a plus.
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism,
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor. -
- Strong ability to work with others in a collaborative, team
- Possess BSIS Security Guard certifications a plus.
- Minimum physical requirements: - able to travel to and gain
access to various areas of the stadium for prolonged periods of
time; able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully
complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, events and
holidays as required. - Strengthened by our Differences. United to
Make a Difference.At OVG, we understand that to continue positively
disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a
diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity
drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service,
and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating
environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in
which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed
to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.Vaccination
StatementWe are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office
locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams,
employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S.
and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get
vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. - -Should circumstances
change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole
or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests,
performers, athletes, and partners.EEOOak View Group is committed
to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against
employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized
basis (protected class) including, but not limited to veteran
status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information or any other protected class under federal, state, or
Keywords: Oak View Group, San Diego , Security Officer - Snapdragon Stadium, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!