Company: California Western School of Law
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 26, 2023
California Western School of Law (CWSL), San Diego seeks
applicants for an Executive Assistant. This position will report to
the President and Dean (Dean). The Executive Assistant is highly
visible and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and
external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of
the Dean. The Executive Assistant supports the Dean by performing
administrative duties of substantial scope and complexity on a
day-to-day basis; is responsible for understanding the priorities,
strategic directions, and philosophy of the Dean; and incorporates
this knowledge in the accomplishment of assigned work. This
position serves as liaison to the Board of Trustees and senior
management team. This position also works directly with the Board
of Trustees in planning and executing Board meetings.The primary
responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manage day-to-day activities for the Office of the Dean.
- Complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on
approach, including drafting correspondence, presentations,
reports, speaking points, minutes, analyses, and other tasks that
facilitate the Dean?s ability to effectively lead the law
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; arrange
complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries; compile
background information, documents, and agendas.
- Work closely and effectively with the Dean to keep them well
informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follow up
appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues
arising in the environment, and keep the Dean updated.
- Control access to the Dean by recognizing priority and
necessity of requests.
- Act as liaison with Board members, vendors, faculty, staff, and
others, on matters related to Dean?s initiatives. Facilitate
communications with the American Bar Association, Association of
American Law Schools, The Western Association of Schools and
Colleges-Senior College and University Commission, other national
and local organizations, CWSL departments, faculty, students, and
- Coordinate and prepare CWSL?s responses to the U.S. News &
World Report annual survey.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and
concerns addressed to the Dean, including those of a sensitive or
- Prepare Dean for meetings with internal and external
constituents, including board members and donors. Attend meetings
with the Dean in order to take notes of content and decisions, and
proactively maintain a comprehensive project and deliverables lists
with associated time frames.
- Plan, monitor, and manage the operating budget for the Dean?s
- Manage a variety of special projects for the Dean.
- Oversee filing systems, including archives.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously and
proactively, and follow through on projects to successful
- Conduct research, collect, and analyze data to prepare reports
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with
management and employees by consistently demonstrating active and
effective listening and problem solving, use of good judgment,
discernment, and confidentiality.
- Serve as primary administrative liaison for Board of
- Provide administrative assistance to the Board Chair, and
handle special board projects and special request from individual
- Have a working knowledge of the Board Bylaws.
- Schedule, plan, and organize the Board?s meetings and events,
and oversee all logistics including preparing agendas, content
material, presentations and board resolutions.
- Attend all board meetings, generate meeting minutes, and serve
as custodian of official board documents, including minutes,
resolutions, conflict of interest forms, and other supporting
- Assist the Dean with research into Board actions by reviewing
the Board minute books and develop expertise in the bylaws and
- Manage incoming calls and prioritize phone messages and mail.
Handle all calls and visitors with refinement, sophistication, and
- Maintain the Dean?s organizational memberships.
- Coordinate schedule & manage records for the Faculty Annual
Reviews & Departmental Annual Reports.
- Plan and coordinate events including arranging facilities,
venue, equipment, catering, presentations, announcements,
attendance and materials.
- Organize and prepare expense reports including check requests,
mileage reports, business expense reimbursements, petty cash
requests and corporate credit card support documentation.
- Participate in department meetings and other committees,
groups, and task forces as assigned.
- Work with appropriate level of assistance, instruction and
- Proactively advise the Dean of project status, potential issues
and overall departmental progress.
- Perform, with a team approach where appropriate, other duties
- Bachelor?s degree required.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in
a fast pace, deadline driven administrative support position.
- Must have at least four years? experience with executives.
- At least two years? experience working with boards
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- Professional attire and presentation is required.
- Must demonstrate ability and interest in working with a highly
diverse student and employee population.
- Requires a firm commitment to provide exemplary services in a
demanding and challenging environment.
- This individual must have the ability to exercise good judgment
in a variety of situations, and the ability to maintain a realistic
balance among multiple priorities.
- This individual must have the ability to work independently on
projects, from conception to completion, and requires the highest
levels of professional discretion, maturity, and independent
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.Computer
- Intermediate level computer skills.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of effective internet search properties.
- Experience with database programs required.
- Knowledge and proficiency in social media preferred.
- Aptitude for learning new technology.CWSL COVID-19 Vaccine
PolicyIn accordance with the California Western School of Law
policy, students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 or provide a valid medical or religious exemption
to access campus. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated for
five months after their final dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine
or for two months after receiving the only dose of a single-dose
vaccine. Afterward a COVID-19 booster is required to continue to be
considered fully vaccinated. The individual hired into this role
will be required to submit their completed vaccination
documentation. Individuals with an approved medical or religious
exemption on file with the school will be required to participate
in CWSL?s COVID-19 testing program. Further information can be
found on our website at
https://www.cwsl.edu/covid_updates/index.htmlAPPLY NOWClick here to
complete an application through the CWSL Career Center website or
visit our website at CWSL.edu and search Current Job
Openings.Annual Salary Range: $64,480.00 - $85,000.00 (Final salary
and rates are based on education, experience, skills relevant to
the role, and internal equity.)
Resume and Cover Letter required.Application review will begin
immediately. About us:Established in 1924, CWSL is an ABA
accredited and AALS member, non-profit law school located in
downtown San Diego, California. CWSL has the distinction of being
San Diego?s oldest law school. CWSL is the recipient of numerous
community service awards, including the State Bar of California
President?s Pro Bono Service Award, and the federal government?s
President?s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The law
school is also home to numerous outstanding programs, including the
California Innocence Project, Community Law Project, and New Media
Rights Program. The faculty are dedicated to teaching, research,
and service to the community. Detailed information is available at
https://www.cwsl.edu/The law school offers competitive benefits for
eligible employees, including, but not limited to:
- Generous employer contribution for Medical, Dental and Vision
Insurance (depending on which plan/level the employee elects).
- 403 (b) Employer Retirement contribution of 8% (up to 8k per
year) Fully and immediately vested.
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Plan.
- Reduced Summer Work Schedule (paid).
- Paid Winter Break (week of x-mas through new year)
- Additional 10+ Paid Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Wellness ProgramsPerks:
- Little Italy/Downtown location for convenient access to great
restaurants and after-hour activities.
- Free on-campus parking facilities provided.
- Employee engagement events held both virtually and
- On-Campus Convenience Store.
- Complimentary bottomless Specialty Coffee.
- Use of on-campus Law Library facilities. California Western
School of Law is committed to using the law to prevent and solve
human and societal problems. In conjunction with our mission - to
train ethical, competent, and compassionate lawyers, representative
of our diverse society and equipped to use the law effectively and
creatively on behalf of all members of society - we value a rich
diversity among our students, alumni, faculty, and staff, as well
as in the larger communities of which we are a part.The law school
is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to affirmative action
and to excellence through diversity. The law school provides
reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities
Please see job description
Please see job description
Keywords: California Western School of Law, San Diego , Executive Assistant, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!