Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The successful candidate will excel at identifying, analyzing, and
resolving insurance eligibility issues, as well as successfully
submitting Prior Authorizations and routing their approvals and/or
denials appropriately. Benefits Coordinator will be working with
our Reimbursement, Commercial, and Finance teams to provide
on-going insight and analytics on all medical insurance claims.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Answering patient/doctor/hospital/lab/insurance company phone
calls regarding accounts and taking appropriate action.
- Calling insurance companies regarding eligibility and
- Correctly identifying insurance carrier for proper claims
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Reviewing and interpret explanation of benefits to determine
- Utilizing payor websites to check claim status and contacting
payors regarding outstanding accounts
- Efficiently and accurately submitting Prior Authorization
requests to insurance carriers via paper request and/or
- Ensuring accurate and timely billing entry is completed
- Researching and monitoring specific billing issues, trends and
potential risks based on current research and customer
- Researching and responding to Medicare, Medicaid and other
Payer inquiries regarding billing issues and insurance
- Reviewing and submitting accurate claims, re-submissions and
claim review forms.
- Reviewing unpaid and/or denied claims, appeals and follow-up on
accounts to zero status.
- Reviewing and evaluating patient demographics for appropriate
handling to include initiating telephonic follow-up to appropriate
parties to collect additional information required for account
resolution and/or to confirm account, claim status and arrange
- Verifying insurance/recipient eligibility on to Medicare,
Medicaid and Private Insurer Payers.
- When requested, providing administrative support for
department(s) including but not limited to performing data entry,
updating various record keeping systems, upholding company policies
and Client requirements, and participating in projects, duties, and
other administrative tasks.
Who You Are:
- You have a 4-year College degree, Certified Professional Coder
or 2-year degree from an Accredited Medical Billing School is
- 3-5 Years of direct verification and billing experience is
- Familiarity with ICD and HCPC/CPT coding preferred.
- Familiarity with CMS 1500 claim form preferred.
- Familiarity with Claim Adjustment Reason Codes (NUCC)
- Use of personal computer, computer applications, and general
office equipment including scanners. Ability to create and maintain
- Experience in handling and expediting escalated issues, with
follow up to the customer.
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and take appropriate
actions to address customer needs and requests in a timely and
efficient manner. Self-starter with the ability to work
independently and effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects/tasks and
meet deadlines in a constantly evolving and fast-paced
- Strong, consistent work ethic with a keen attention to details
and ability to focus on the big picture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able
to communicate with confidence and tact across all levels within
- Ability to use analytical, interpersonal, communication,
organizational, numerical, and time management skills.
What We Can Offer You:
Veracyte is a growing company that offers significant career
opportunities if you are curious, driven, patient-oriented and
aspire to help us build a great company. We offer competitive
compensation and benefits, and are committed to fostering an
inclusive workforce, where diverse backgrounds are represented,
engaged, and em powered to drive innovative ideas and decisions. We
are proud to have been named a "Bay Area Top Workplace" for nine
years in a row by the Bay Area News Group, based solely on employee
The anticipated base salary range for candidates who will work in
San Diego, California is $25 to $26 per hour. The final salary
offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several
objective factors that may include, but are not limited to, the
type and length of experience within the job, type and length of
experience within the industry, education, etc. Base pay is one
part of the Total Compensation and Benefits Package that is
provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and
this role may be eligible for additional discretionary
bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Veracyte is a multi-state employer, and this salary range may not
reflect positions that are located in areas outside of the
designated location in this posting.
Keywords: Veracyte, San Diego , Benefits Coordinator, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!