People Operations/Total Rewards Specialist (Comp/Benefits/Compliance) - Hybrid
Company: Full Swing Golf Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
This position is truly a generalist role and will be involved in
all facets of HR, however will have primary responsibility for
directing and planning the day-to-day operations of compensation,
benefits and compliance programs (including safety). Reporting into
the head of HR, this person will be involved in key decisions and
planning. The right person is someone who is excited about rolling
up their sleeves and being a part of developing and implementing
value-added programs and support to the business (not just running
status quo). Ensuring compliance but being able to think outside
the box for creative solutions. This is an exciting opportunity for
a highly motivated and adaptable individual looking to help develop
and grow a rapidly changing business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administer compensation, benefit and compliance plans.
- Advises and informs employees of changes and developments
related to benefits including eligibility, coverage, and
- Monitors effectiveness of plans, researches and compares plans
offered in similar industries, comparable organizations and market
trends; based on findings, recommends changes or updates that are
cost-effective and consistent with market trends, competitiveness,
- Audits systems to ensure accurate and timely delivery of
employer contributions and employee payroll deductions to carriers,
plan administrators, or other appropriate service providers.
- Completes records, reporting, and other documentation required
by federal, state, and provider rules, regulations, and
- Conducts employee surveys, census, and other research and
demographic efforts required to collect accurate quotes from
- Monitors administrators and insurance carriers reports to
ensure the organizations compliance with plan requirements.
- Ensures the organizations and plans compliance with the
applicable provisions of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market
intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and
compensation analysis information.
- Works with insurance brokers and investment planners to create
competitive, cost-effective benefits packages for the
- Provides advice on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related
programs and incentive plans.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff.
- Lead safety related compliance and programs.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices
in regulatory changes, new technologies in HR, compensation and
- Provide support to employee and managers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource or relevant field or
- 3 to 5 years of experience in benefit and/or compensation
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and compensation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations,
filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending,
related to compensation, benefits and compliance programs,
including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, CFRA, ADA, HIPAA, Section
125, workers' compensation, Medicare, COBRA, OSHA and Social
Security and DOL requirements.
- Strong excel abilities.
- Ability to compose and present comprehensive reports.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to
reprioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Ability to work and achieve results with minimal direction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- SHRM or HRCI certification
Keywords: Full Swing Golf Inc, San Diego , People Operations/Total Rewards Specialist (Comp/Benefits/Compliance) - Hybrid, Other , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!