Cook 2, Petco Park
Company: Delaware North
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The OpportunityThis position has the potential to receive tips.
Delaware North Sportservice is hiring a part-time Cook to join our
team at Petco Park in San Diego, CA. As a Cook, you will be a
visible leader in the kitchen, partnering with the management team
to deliver food to quality standards.Minimum pay rate: $18.72 /
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
At Delaware North, we care about our associates professional and
personal wellbeing. We have a comprehensive benefits program
designed to give our associates the comfort, safety, and stability
they need to deliver exceptional service to our guests. All
associates are eligible for benefits including weekly pay, employee
assistance program, training and development, employee discounts,
and flexible work schedules. Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, and tuition
reimbursement are available for eligible
- Review menus and guest orders to determine the type and
quantities of food to be prepared, properly measure and portion all
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as knives,
slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens,
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing, and side work duties as instructed
and according to proper guidelines.
- Keep workstation, coolers, and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follow and uphold all health codes and sanitation
- Performs other duties assigned.Qualifications
- At least 2 years of previous experience in a back-of-house
foodservice position is required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, and whip a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the
waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.Who We
AreDelaware North operates concessions, premium dining, and retail
services at Petco Park since dating back to 2004. The 42,445-seat
venue is home to Major League Baseball's San Diego Padres. We
provide an upscale dining experience, including a private chef
tasting room.At Delaware North, youll love where you work, who you
work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether its in sporting
venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or
premier restaurants, theres no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, San Diego , Cook 2, Petco Park, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!