Program Assistant, Oxbridge Academic Programs
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 27, 2023
WorldStrides is the global leader in educational travel and
experiential learning. The company was founded over 50 years ago
and has grown to provide a wide range of programs for more than
550,000 students annually from more than 5,000 K12 schools and
universities to over 100 countries around the world. WorldStrides
offers experiential learning programs in educational travel,
performing arts, language immersion, career exploration,
service-learning, study abroad, and sports. Each of these
experiences helps students to see beyond the classroom and to see
the world - and themselves - in new ways.
Oxbridge Academic Programs' Program Assistants ensure the smooth
running of our summer programs in Los Angeles, Boston, and New York
City. They are responsible for the program office, and they are
expected to communicate clearly and effectively with Faculty,
Activities Directors, Program Deans, and the Program Director, as
well as with students and their parents. Program Assistants must
also be able to work as part of a team to form the welcoming
atmosphere that defines an Oxbridge program office, and to act as
role models to whom our students aspire.
* Part-time (approximately 48 hours per week) while the program is
* Must be flexible while the program is operational - to include
weekend or holiday work.
* Work a number of shifts, to be determined during Prep Week, in
the program office each week, from either 8:00 am till 4:00 pm, or
from 4:00 pm till 12:00 am midnight, daily during the four weeks of
* Take responsibility for implementing student discipline,
upholding program policies and regulations.
* Live in residence for the duration of "Prep Week" and the
duration of the program.
* Participate in program set-up during "Prep Week." During this
time, the Program Assistants will work from approximately 9:00 am
to 5:00 pm each day.
* Be available ("on-call") to respond to emergency situations, or
to provide additional support to the administration, when required
outside of time on-shift.
* Assist with the planning and administration of program field
* Attend once-weekly Administration Meetings and once-weekly
* Assist on Arrival and Departure Days.
At WorldStrides, the experience is everything. By joining our team
you help provide moments that delight and open up the world of
learning. Our team is truly passionate about making each experience
a once in a lifetime opportunity for each traveler that is easy to
manage from A to Z. Each journey is different, which is why we
offer a broad range of experiential learning programs for groups
and individuals of all ages throughout their lifelong learning
If we've learned anything since 2020, it's that being able to
experience different places and things while interacting with new
people is imperative to not only personal growth but also to
general well-being. So, let's get out there-together. To learn more
about our brand, our mission and our commitment to health and
safety, please visit our website at www.worldstrides.com.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, WorldStrides` is committed to
building a diverse workforce, supported by an environment that
promotes inclusion and belonging. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Personable and approachable, and able to be a strong
representative of their program.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Current second-year undergraduate students (or higher)
* Prior work experience preferred.
* Must be knowledgeable about the city where the program takes
place, and ideally, based in that same city.
Keywords: WorldStrides, San Diego , Program Assistant, Oxbridge Academic Programs, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!