Company: 211 San Diego
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 19, 2023
What is a Community Connector?A Community Connector is a
client-focused position responsible for leveraging technology to
provide assessment, problem-solving and referral assistance over
the phone for clients with complicated needs. A successful
Community Connector knows the importance of empathy, advocacy,
cultural competency and follow-up assistance to help clients access
the services needed to build and sustain healthy lives. This
position requires a creative intellectual with critical thinking
skills and a desire to help those in need.
- Residents of San Diego County need only apply
- 6-month work in office, then opportunity to work hybrid work
- Sign-on bonus eligibleMake a Difference through Action
- Performs in-depth screening for community programs for the
purpose of educating, navigating and connecting clients with needed
- Using needs assessment, identifies programs to assist the
client based on the social determinants of health.
- Actively listens to clients to develop a strategy that
identifies solutions to barriers to access.
- Identifies and accurately refers clients to appropriate
community resources that may address the clients' additional health
and social needs.
- Accurately documents all client interactions and unmet needs in
2-1-1's systems to assist in the identification of gaps in services
that can be addressed.
- Facilitates client access to community resources and
- Identifies and assists with barriers to care and monitor client
- Uses active listening and conversational intent in all
interactions to provide high-quality confidential connections to
resources and services for all 2-1-1 clients.
- Ensures successful service delivery by continuously monitoring
and improving personal productivity, quality measurements, client
satisfaction surveys and efficiency.
- Manages follow-up conversations with clients to identify needs
for advocacy, further services, and feedback regarding services
received. The Values We Live By People FirstWe believe that helping
staff, clients, and the community thrive is at the core of who we
are.InclusionWe embrace diversity and strive to create accessible
and equitable programs where we work.CollaborationWe find value in
the community and working together, both internally among our staff
and externally with partners.ExcellenceWe set high standards for
our work and seek to create space for the team to excel and be
brave and strategic in driving change.InnovationWe are constantly
learning and improving in pursuit of our mission, both individually
and collectively.IntegrityWe act with integrity and respect for one
another and the communities we serve. Our Commitment2-1-1 San Diego
is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and
inclusiveness and seeks to create a pluralistic community for all
staff and clients. 2-11- San Diego is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, minorities, and
individuals with disabilities and veteran/military status are
encouraged to apply.Other DetailsStatus: Non-Exempt,
Full-TimeDepartment: Client ServicesReports To: Client Services
SupervisorWork Schedule: Typical schedule is 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday. However, flexibility is required due to the
nature of business. The schedule may be changed as needed, to
include weekends and holidays. Required to be responsive and
available for shifts for as much as 12 hours in length during
declared emergencies to perform duties as directed by the Emergency
Manager.What You BringQualifications
- Associate's Degree or higher.
- 1-2 years experience working directly with clients in a
non-profit, community-based health or social services agency,
information and referral service, counseling center, or charitable
- Experience or education in the fields of social sciences and
humanities such as public health, social work, human development,
psychology, and/or sociology.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively, and
effectively assist clients in difficult situations.
- A positive attitude, desire to learn and grow and aspirations
- A focus on the growth and well-being of people and the
communities to which they belong.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- High level of proficiency in web-based systems, real-time
communication systems (i.e.: chat), Microsoft Office, and other
Client Record Management systems.
- Must actively pursue individual AIRS certification, if
- The desire to seek learning opportunities to promote growth,
professional, and personal development.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred. Work LocationFor the first 6
months of active employment, this position will be full-time at the
main office location. Upon completing 6 months of active employment
you will be eligible for a hybrid work schedule.Technical
- Internet speed of 150 mbps from a reliable internet
- Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable.
Cannot use a wireless connection.Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Repetitive motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or
Keywords: 211 San Diego, San Diego , Community Connector, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...