Customer Service Representative-Fitness (Remote, $15/hour)
Company: American Specialty Health Incorporated
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Description American Specialty Health is searching for
exceptional customer service professionals to join our high-volume
call center to assist our members by providing exceptional customer
service nationwide for our Fitness Programs. By responding to
customers' inquiries and providing information regarding all
aspects of the members' association with ASH, this position will
play an integral role in supporting our company's mission to
empower individuals to live healthier and longer. Starting pay at
$15.00/hour and the opportunity to earn up to $16.00/hour plus
merit. Additional bonus opportunities based on performance after 6,
12, and 24 months. Remote Worker Considerations Candidates who are
selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be
able to work from home in a designated work area with
company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position
requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service
Provider with the ability to participate by video in online
meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet
download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed). Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all ASH Fitness
products and programs.
- Answers incoming calls on the ASH telephone system in a
professional, accurate, timely and courteous manner.
- Ascertains the nature of the call and records information in
the appropriate system.
- Provides answers to member questions by following standard
policies and procedures.
- Interacts in a positive, respectful manner and establishes and
maintains cooperative working relationships with internal and
- Coordinates collection of necessary information, including
member co-pays or payments when necessary.
- Forwards documentation to Research Team for follow up if issue
requires additional action.
- Analyzes information, problems, issues, situations and
procedures to develop effective solutions to ensure member
satisfaction with the Fitness programs.
- Researches unique questions using all available resources.
Refers difficult issues to Supervisor for appropriate answers.
- Handles all issues requiring additional action within the
- Manages time to ensure calls are answered within required
timeframes and appropriate follow up is conducted in a timely
- Exercises strict confidentiality in all matters relating to the
member experience with the Fitness program.
- Attends and participates in meetings to discuss issues and
foster teamwork among department personnel.
- Responds to requests from other ASH department personnel,
contacting clubs and members as required. Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One-year experience performing customer service duties; inbound
call center experience preferred.
- Experience in healthcare preferred.
- Basic experience with MS Office. Core Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful
manner and establish and maintain cooperative working
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs
and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to
identify critical core competencies based on success factors and
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing
environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues,
situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements Ability to speak, see and hear other
personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and
written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of
using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10
lbs. Environmental Conditions Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
OFCCP here. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or
a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
career center as a result of your disability. To request an
accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800)
###-#### x6702. ASH will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: American Specialty Health Incorporated, San Diego , Customer Service Representative-Fitness (Remote, $15/hour), Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...