Associate Buyer I
Company: Henry Schein
Posted on: March 20, 2023
JOB OVERVIEW: - This position is responsible to learn to review
and analyze all merchandise to ensure fulfillment to distribution
centers. Execute expediting needs on critical and late purchase
orders from suppliers.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Assist with analyzing inventory levels to determine optimum
order amounts based on packaging and lead times.
- Perform a variety of coordinating, routing, and material
handling duties to meet production schedules.
- Expedite products to solve shortage problems.
- Ensure incoming products are properly routed.
- Monitor the flow of products between departments in order to
meet scheduled commitments.
- Learn to process purchase orders from user-generated
requisitions for non-standard office supplies, printing and
- Set up inventory items, reorder levels and manufacturers in
- Process purchase orders for shipping supplies as directed by
- Maintain accurate and timely data in the inventory item
- Learn to develop good working relationships with vendor
- Assist with monitoring inventory levels for overstock inventory
and alert management for disposition.
- Assist with negotiating profit margin with volume buying from
- Learn core processes and systems for purchasing and
expeditingSPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: - - - - - - - - - None
requiredGENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES: - - - - - - - - - Learn
skills to become a seasoned, experienced professional with a full
understanding of industry practices and company policies and
procedures. - - - - - - - - - General proficiency with tools,
systems, and procedures. - - - - - - - - - Good
planning/organizational skills and techniques. - - - - - - - - -
Good analysis and problem solving skills. - - - - - - - - - Good
writing and communication skills. - - - - - - - - - Basic conflict
resolution skills. - - - - - - - - - Ability to work in team
environmentWORK EXPERIENCE: - Typically no experience required. -
Typically in this position up to 12 months.PREFERRED EDUCATION:
-Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
Working towards E3 Level 4 certification.TRAVEL/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- - - - - - - - - Travel typically less than 10%. - - - - - - - - -
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.Henry
Schein, Inc. -is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does
not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of
race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability
that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or
veteran status, or any other legally protected status. -For more
information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please
visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers
Keywords: Henry Schein, San Diego , Associate Buyer I, Other , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...