End User Support - (Ability to Obtain) Top Secret
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 20, 2023
End User Support - (Ability to Obtain) Top Secret
- Category: Technical Support
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what's
possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to
mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a
reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and
collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect
and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop
Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to be an essential part of
projects that will define your career, now and in the
future.Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking an End User
Support (2) to join our teams of professional located at Rancho
Bernardo , Ca.The End User Support will provide technical support
for computers and associated networks. Installs, troubleshoots,
services, and repairs desktop computers, servers, network equipment
such as switches, routers, modems, multiplexers, as well as related
PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Provides desktop
computer, hardware, and software support. Installs, services, and
repairs personal computers and installs attendant software.
Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data
networks. Maintains network diagrams and circuit records. Maintains
trouble logs. Instructs users in the use of desktop computers and
networks. Investigates information, network, and communications
needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and
hardware purchases. Performs basic PC, PBX, and network software
programming.Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provides technical support for computers and associated
networks. Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs desktop
computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
Connects desktop computers and terminals to existing data networks.
Performs basic PC configurations.
- Instructs and assists users in the use of desktop computers and
- Investigates information, network, and communications needs of
- Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security
- Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes
regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and
PC-related hardware and software. Works with Security to remediate
classified data spillage incidents.
- Coordinates with users, program staff, server administrators,
network engineers, and customer and IT management.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction
according to defined objectives while adhering to established
- Works with engineers to resolve support issues, escalating to
proper personnel where appropriate.
- Participates in new installations, testing and special projects
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and
patience with customers.
- Lift 40 pounds.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
In lieu of formal degree, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
and at least 6 years related experience.
- Must have experience with Microsoft products, such as Windows
10/11, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may
include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call
status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days- a-week, and 365 days a
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or ability to
obtain within 6 months
- Ability to acquire and maintain an active DoD Top Secret
security clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance
within 365 days from submission.Preferred Qualifications:
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, Linux or other
certificates in related disciplines.
- Perform as a Windows Systems Administrator for a classified
- Strong troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be customer and detail oriented and possess good
- General understanding of Computing and Storage Systems and
- Experienced in providing remote support to end users utilizing
remote desktop tools and walking users through troubleshooting
steps over the phone.
- Experience with Linux OS & Cisco OS.
- Understanding of scripting languages.Northrop Grumman is
committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is
required for most positions." Salary Range: $63,800 USD - $95,800
USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition
to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, San Diego , End User Support - (Ability to Obtain) Top Secret, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...