Senior Research Associate I
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Senior Research Associate I page is loaded Senior Research
Associate I Apply locations US - CA - San Diego time type Full time
posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R23-1670 Position
OverviewThe Senior Research Associate I, with some guidance from
more experienced scientists, works on projects which are moderate
to complex in scope. The Senior Research Associate I participates
in planning of projects and experiments and is responsible for the
execution of experiments and analysis of data. Working in a team
setting, the Senior Research Associate I will primarily be involved
in Research and Development projects actively participating in
translating research ideas and concepts into the product
development pipeline towards development of diagnostic assay
products. More specifically, the Senior Research Associate II will
perform a broad range of experimental techniques and analytical and
biochemical methods, including PCR, NGS, fluorometry, and
electrophoresis to develop robust cancer diagnostic assays and
specimen collection devices. This position will work in a team, to
develop, validate, products intended for FDA, LDT, and CE-IVD use.
Essential Dutiesinclude but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct bench level experiments within a specific product or
technology area and identifies problems and discrepancies.
- With some guidance, plan and analyze results of bench level
experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Operate scientific instrumentation related to performance of
duties and notify appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Effectively utilize and apply methods or technologies and
provide ideas for new techniques, when appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of technological industry developments that
could assist in completion of an assignment or aid in the
development of new processes or procedures.
- Provide technical input and participates in decisions affecting
project planning and experimental design.
- Prepare and provide information and generate data for
- Follow research plans and experimental outlines to write
experimental protocols and perform laboratory experiments.
- Maintain lab notebook in a complete and consistent manner,
following all legal, ISO, and QSR requirements, as well as keeping
clear and complete.
- Prepare reports and documentation providing the analysis or
summarization of experimental results and outcomes to supervisor,
technical teams/groups, or project teams.
- Present experimental results, scientific ideas and findings,
information, and updates at project or departmental meetings.
- Present clear project summaries and outcomes in written and
verbal formats to supervisor and other members of the scientific
- Work on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors. -
- Work on individual assignments and with project team members,
as appropriate, to meet department and project objectives.
- Work within project timeframes that are established
collaboratively by team members.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement to interpret
results, analyze data, and present findings in a professional and
- Ability to train and mentor junior level research
- Ability to organize, present, and convey moderate problems or
- Ability to communicate clearly with supervisor and group
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within team and
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Ability to effectively work on several varied projects at one
time, with frequent changing priorities.
- Successful in analytical, problem solving, and decision-making
- Successful in technical proficiency, scientific creativity,
collaboration with others, and independent thought. -
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift to 20 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability to use various types of laboratory equipment including
microscopes, microtomes, blades, strainers, pipettes for extended
periods of time.
- May perform repetitious actions using lab tools.
- Ability to use near vision to view samples at close range.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and
instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing
elements, and high-speed centrifugation.
- Ability and means to travel between Exact Sciences
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Medical Technology,
Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemical/Physical/Biological Science,
or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in molecular biology and /or
- Basic understanding of GMP, ISO, and Quality Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical and mathematical
methods in biology/genetics/genomics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience performing assays such as ddPCR, qPCR, Library prep
for NGS and fluorometry methods.
- Willingness to work with Blood specimens.
- Knowledge of programming using R and/or Python is a plus.
- Experience with molecular and protein quantifiable
- Experience working on products intended for FDA approval a
- Excellent communication skills If you need any assistance
seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require
a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please
call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email
email@example.com . We are -an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected
by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of
the Company's affirmative action program are available to any
applicant or employee for inspection upon request. Similar Jobs (1)
Sr Research Associate I locations US - CA - San Diego time type
Full time posted on Posted 9 Days Ago About Exact Sciences We are
Exact Sciences, and we're changing lives together through earlier
detection and smarter answers. https://vimeo.com/660680929
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, San Diego , Senior Research Associate I, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...