Angiogram/Interventional Technologist - FT DAY
Posted on: May 26, 2023
$12,000 Sign-on Bonus. Apply today! -Under the indirect
supervision, provides patient services using imaging modalities.
Performs a variety of angio interventional procedures on patients
of all ages. Evaluates images for technical quality. -Exercises
professional attitude and judgment in the performance of duties.
Provides patient care essential to angio interventional procedures.
Recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and
initiates life support measures.Essential Responsibilities:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Customer Service: Is responsive to the needs of others by
maintaining a professional behavior toward members and coworkers
and creating a positive image for the department, as demonstrated
by: willingness to take the initiative to resolve member
- Handling a high number of member contacts.
- Dealing with customer complaints in a positive way.
- Providing compassionate service.
- Treating coworkers with respect and appreciation.
- Fostering teamwork and thinking positively.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle
choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such
- Demonstrates competence in the operation of radiographic
equipment, both mobile and stationary in various patient care
- Consistently selects correct technical factors relative to the
requirements of the study and the patient's age and body
- Consistently selects other equipment settings/parameters (e.g.
locks on equipment and tables, tube placement, control panel
settings, etc.) appropriately.
- Consistently processes radiographic images properly, utilizing
- Uses proper sterile technique.
- Consistently operates imaging computer properly and in
accordance with department protocols (CT, MRI).
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and consistently uses ancillary
equipment (e.g. catheters, guidewires, etc.) properly.
- (Angio) fostering teamwork and thinking positively.
- Demonstrates competence in the positioning of patients for
- Routinely positions patients accurately relative to the
requirements of the study as stated in the department
- Utilizes various immobilizing devices such as sponges and
sandbags whenever necessary to obtain acceptable radiographs and/or
- Always takes special care in handling/positioning patients with
critical injuries or trauma to avoid further injury.
- Age Specific Criteria:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical,
emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of
services to patients of the age group served.
- Able to assess data reflective of the patient's status and
interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each
patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs
and to provide the care needed in accordance with department
- Neonatal pediatric adolescent adult geriatric adjusts technical
factors relative to the requirements of the study and the physical
maturation of the patient.
- Modifies patient positioning techniques relative to the
patient's physical and cognitive abilities.
- Always takes special care in handling, positioning and/or
restraining infants and geriatric patients to avoid injury or
excessive radiation exposure.
- Never leaves infant, pediatric or disoriented geriatric patient
- Exercises Good Clinical Judgment:
- Consults with the radiologist or other clinician for purposes
of clarifying orders.
- Selects alternate or additional view appropriately relative to
the patient's condition.
- Does not attempt to perform an exam in any case in which it
cannot be performed safely and/or properly.
- Documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive, and
- Completes and initials the standard consultation form and the
Radiology Processing Record accurately and immediately following
- Additional Performance Standards for Senior Technologist:
- Provides functional direction to assigned staff.
- Consistently assigns work to staff appropriately so that exams
are performed in a timely manner.
- Routinely provides timely feedback to management regarding
operational problems and personnel issues.
- Communicates effectively with other departments to promote
positive interdepartmental relationships.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and creativity in the
resolution of operational problems within the department.
- Organizational Rules, Policies, and Procedures:
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area and
Diagnostic Imaging Department policies and procedures.
- OIs compliant with organizational, regional and medical service
area policies and procedures.
- Observes Regional Radiation Safety Standards and Department
- Quality of Service:
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to
enhance quality of service.
- Greets members promptly and courteously with eye contract and a
pleasant expression and tone of voice.
- Informs members of reason for any delays or anticipated delays
in their care.
- Treats all patients in accordance with the Patient's Bill of
Rights. conducts only work related conversations when members are
waiting for service.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Communicates verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrates courteous and appropriate telephone skills.
- Speaks English in the presence of patients except as required
to interpret for non English speaking patients.
- Communicates in writing accurately, completely and legibly, and
routes such communication appropriately and in a timely
- Professional Maturity:
- Demonstrates professional maturity in all interactions with
patient and staff.
- Strives to maintain good working relationships and rapport with
patients, other members of the department and the health care
- OIs flexible and cooperative about schedule changes made to
maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Responds appropriately to constructive criticism from
supervisors and peers.
- Functions independently within defined scope of position.
- Meets productivity norms achieved by peers within the
department or the Region.
- Equipment, Supplies and Work Area:
- Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with
- Keeps equipment and work area clean at all times.
- Routinely handles equipment with care to avoid damage.
- Reports equipment malfunctions to supervisory staff
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of -experience as a staff technologist in
Interventional Radiology or successful completion of the department
angiography interventional training program.Education
- N/A.License, Certification, Registration
- CRT with Fluoroscopy permit.
- CPR (BLS-C) (must be obtained during the probationary
- N/A.Preferred Qualifications:
- Certificate of advanced qualification: ARRT-Vascular
Interventional Radiography (VI) and/or Cardiovascular
Interventional Radiography (CV)
- Venipuncture Certificate
- Additional training in the use and practices of angiography
- Standby call after hours.PrimaryLocation : California,San
Diego,Zion Medical CenterHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays :
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri *Weekend and holidaysWorkingHoursStart :
08:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 04:30 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type
: StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation
: B09-OPEIU-Local 30Job Level : Individual ContributorJob Category
: Imaging & RadiologyDepartment : ZION MEDICAL CENTER -
Radiology-Spcl Procedures-Day - 0806Travel : Yes, 50 % of the
TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, San Diego , Angiogram/Interventional Technologist - FT DAY, Other , Lakeside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...