Project Specialist - 2
Company: Talent Software Services, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Analyzes every construction job to identify and apply for all appropriate permits and releases required for that specific area in SDG&Es service territory. Works closely with Construction Supervisors to communicate pre-requisite job status, outage cancellations or extensive permit lead times and implements any changes due to Client. Assembles final construction job packet with all required safety, legal, permitting, mapping and standards documentation.
- Analyzes reports to ensure schedule adherence. Updates and maintains a dynamic Transmission construction project schedule for approximately 500 jobs per year. Evaluating upcoming work and schedule output against business rules/parameters to ensure schedule and resource optimization. A thorough understanding of internal TCM Maintenance practices which are audited internally and by CAISO, CPUC and WECC.
- Evaluates resource and workload issues, tracks and monitors work; taking corrective action as necessary. Evaluates details with job owners to schedule/reschedule work as required; makes decisions around job readiness for scheduling purposes.
- Evaluates and analyzes work forecasts for resource deficiencies. Collaborates with Construction Supervisors, Team Leads and Mangers to estimate resource availability. Maintains professional and effective communications with key stakeholders, Field Crews, District Leadership, Team Leads, Field Supervisors and Managers from various departments to ensure scheduling targets are met, drive efficiency, ensure safety, environmental compliance, and job performance.
- Creates Work Order Authorization Requests through SAP and interprets job details to develop cost estimates for labor, material and other indirect cost.
- Functions as a dispatcher during daily operations and emergency response for Transmission Construction via 900 MHz radios. Utilizes Arcos to record call out/pre-arranged work and arranges for construction equipment as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires shift work and/or extended hours. Major emergencies may require extended days, weekend work and/or holidays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms. Other qualifications include: Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills Comfortable working in a technical setting Focus on customer service Ability to bring order to any chaotic setting with minimal supervision.
- Required: Field construction, or resource scheduling and routing experience in a construction environment.
- Preferred: recent experience in gas and/or electric construction, engineering or project management
- Preferred experience working with gas and/or electric distribution/transmission system requirements and construction techniques, standards, materials, and equipment.
- Preferred: familiarity with Resource/Work Management systems, e.g. ARCOS, ARCOS Crew Manager, SharePoint, SAP, Work Order processing, Mapping and Routing Software tools.
Keywords: Talent Software Services, Inc., San Diego , Project Specialist - 2, Other , San Diego, California
here to apply!