Corrosion Control Level I Assessor
Company: Epsilon Systems
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc., is seeking a full-time
Corrosion Assessor (Engineering Technician) in San Diego, CA.
Summary: Provide corrosion control technical knowledge, and
assessment support to our customer in San Diego, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support Tanks & Voids and Structural Corrosion/Coating inspections
- Verify tanks, voids, and spaces are gas free and tagged out for
entry prior to entering tank/space for assessment.
- Document the condition of the tank in accordance with G1N5 or
G1N6 MRC and CCAMM.
- Document all discrepancies in tanks and ship's structure by
photographing with government equipment in accordance with command
photographic and security requirements.
- Enter assessment results in CADET and internal Department
- Generate required AWR/2-Kilos in CADET.
- Upload photographs into CCIMS using the CCIMS upload
- Provide written assessment reports with required supporting
documents and recommendations per Branch assessment report format
mandated by JFMM.
- Provide objective evidences per CCAMM or supporting documents
as OQE to customer or NAVSEA TWH as mandated for risk
- Provide work status update, charges, daily housekeeping on
assigned job, and timekeeping in TAAS-Info.
- Enter and update daily all high visibility Availability or
Structural issues/concerns on reports.
- Use the following equipment in performance of this tasking:
laser distance meters, flashlights, chipping hammers, scrapers, pit
gauge, metal clipboard. Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years related experience
- S-CAT, NBPI, or NACE level 1 certification
- Knowledge of JFFM, CCAMM
- Ability to read blueprints, technical manuals, and repair
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD clearance Preferred
- Previous military or shipyard experience preferred ADA
- Requires walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the
presence of occasional noise.
- Ability to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down
steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna
masts/yardarms (onboard ships).
- Ability to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs. in
- Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your
arm, or your two hands to grasp.
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and work in tiring and
- Ability to wear a respirator.
- Frequently lifts, carries and helps setup tools, equipment, and
parts that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to go aloft onboard ships to inspect Tanks,
Voids, Spaces, and Superstructures.
- Employee may be required to travel to different RMCs or Naval
Ship locations. Travel may include extended underway periods and
travel outside of the continental United States.
- Pursuant to the Executive Order 14042 on Ensuring Adequate
COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates must be
able to provide proof they have received the COVID 19 vaccine and
are considered fully vaccinated. Requests for an accommodation due
to a medical or religious reason can be made by contacting Human
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc., and its subsidiaries are proud to
be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers,
Keywords: Epsilon Systems, San Diego , Corrosion Control Level I Assessor, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...