CT Technologist San Marcos Per Diem
Location: La Jolla
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Under indirect supervision, provides patient services using
imaging modalities. Performs a variety of Computed Tomography
procedures on patients of all age categories. Evaluates images for
technical quality. Exercises professional attitude and judgment in
the performance of duties. Provides patient care essential to
Computed Tomography procedures. Recognizes patient conditions
requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Is responsive to the needs of others by maintaining a
professional behavior toward members and coworkers
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle
choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical,
emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of
services to patients of the age group served.
- Exercises clinical judgment that conforms to established
- Documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive and
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area and
Diagnostic Imaging department policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to
enhance quality of service. Utilizes effective communication
- Demonstrates professional behavior/ conduct in all interactions
with patients and staff.
- Meets productivity norms achieved by peers within the
department. Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in
accordance with department guidelines.
- Essential Clinical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explains procedure to the patient, verifies patient history and
confirms appropriateness of ordered exam/procedure
- Selects appropriate software for the exam, utilizing a variety
of software programs ; based on imaging principles , area of
interest to be demonstrated and patient conditions, enters data
such as type of scan requested, slice thickness, scan time and
other technical factors into computer.
- Positions and immobilizes patient in order to obtain diagnostic
image(s) of area of interest ; may administer contrast media orally
or assist radiologist in intravenous administration.
- Recognizes adverse reactions or changes in patient condition
and reacts appropriately Observes all standards for radiation
safety/protection in order to minimize dose
- Utilizes scanning techniques, selects best plane, acquisition
method (e.g.,spiral, dynamic, multi-row detector), parameters
(e.g.,slice thickness, mA, time, algorithm, pitch) to best
demonstrate anatomy and pathology in studies such as those
performed for the head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis and
- Modifies protocols as indicated by presence of pathology or
- May perform special procedures such as-but not limited to-3-D
studies, biopsies, drainage and aspiration, post myelography, CT
arthrography, CT angiography, cardiac gating and interventional CT
- Evaluates images on video display screen for diagnostic quality
and presence of artifacts;evaluates videotapes and computer
generated information for technical quality; takes corrective
action as indicated to ensure image quality
- Photographs/films images/scans utilizing appropriate
window/level settings and formats; archives images and data.
- One (1) year of experience as a CT technologist within the past
two (2) years or two (2) years experience as a staff technologist
with successful completion of the department CT training
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.
License, Certification, Registration
- CRT ARRT BLS (BLS-C) (must be obtained during the probationary
- Two (2) years of clinical experience as a Computed Tomography
Technologist , preferably in an acute care medical center
Experience with GE CT scanners Additional training in the use and
practices of Computed Tomography Certificate of advanced
qualification: ARRT CT Experience with 3D post processing
Experience with PACS
- Mon-sun, varied shifts, locations, days, and times, including
- Start and End times Varies.
PrimaryLocation : California,San Marcos,San Marcos Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun, Start and End times
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : B09 OPEIU Local 30
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Imaging & Radiology
Department : SAN MARCOS MEDICAL CENTER - Tomography-Day - 0806
Travel : Yes, 100 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, San Diego , CT Technologist San Marcos Per Diem, Other , La Jolla, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...