Lead Instructional and Content Designer
Company: Dexcom Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Meet the team:Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of
diabetes through innovative -systems. Headquartered in San Diego,
California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care
technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and
providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management
around the world.About the team:We are a multi-disciplinary team of
user experience designers, instructional and content designers,
visual designers, industrial designers, user researchers, and
software developers. We collaborate closely with each other,
engineering, and product management to create highly usable,
beautiful products that make a true impact to millions of people
around the globe.At Dexcom, you will help us build products to
improve lives with our innovative next generation Continuous
Glucose Monitor system. We are passionate about quality, usability,
and simplicity. We build delightful and accessible products that
display data and insights across multiple platforms.In this
individual contributor role, you are part of a fully dedicated team
focused on creating significant value by driving Dexcom's
world-class continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) technology into new
applications. These important initiatives, aligned with our
enterprise-wide Corporate Strategy, are entrepreneurial by nature,
as they may require novel go-to-market strategies, breakthough
clinical evidence, and new technologies. Each team member plays a
critical role in helping Dexcom explore then realize the
significant potential that exists within these exciting new
opportunities and, as appropriate, facilitate their successful
integration into the larger enterprise.Where you come in:
- You are responsible for creating engaging user instruction and
education, both written and digital, including writing in-app
content and creating instructional and education materials to
support products from initial development to regulatory submission,
and on to commercialization. This includes:
- Writing instructions for use (IFU) for US and international
- Writing UX content for in-product instruction for web app,
mobile app, and/or dedicated medical device.
- Creating or contributing to the product education for both
internal (tech support, downstream marketing, etc.) and external
audiences (vendors, healthcare professionals, patients, payers,
- You create user instruction for software, technical concepts,
and features in simple, layperson language using topic-based
writing software. Reuse content already developed, create new
content when feature or function is different, and add content
management system or database using established processes.
- You tailor writing style to appropriate product audiences and
age groups (adults, pediatrics, patients, health care providers,
internal staff, regulatory agencies, international).
- You work cross-functionally with Product Management, R&D,
Regulatory, Clinical, Customer Experience, technical support,
Legal, Product Labeling, and UX/UI teams to create user design,
instructions, and product education for new or evolving products,
including new features or uses (via software, print, and
- You collaborate with human factor engineering team to test and
revise product instruction as needed to ensure that in product and
instructional content is effective and with packaging team to
ensure solution can meet distribution requirements.
- You work collaboratively with graphic deisgners to visually
communicate written instruction to ensure optimal learning and with
brand to ensure brand/tone in all CGM software and education
- You keep up-to-date on new and innovative ways to design
instruction as it relates to effective education, technical writing
on software, the end user, and trends in the medical device
- You perform copy-editing and proof-reading of work your
products using standard writing styles, such as Chicago Manual of
- You follow and work within the document control system.What
makes you successful:
- You must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory,
in a timely manner, and accept ownership for each assigned project.
This role requires a results-oriented, self-disciplined,
fast-paced, motivated individual with excellent communication and
collaboration skills that requires minimal supervision and can
multitask several projects at one time.
- You should have a background in in-app content development for
both iOS and Android platforms.
- You must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint,
as well as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- You should be able to use a content development and authoring
software such as MadCap Flare.
- You should have experiences with content management
software/database such as Frontitude or Ditto for managing in-app
content strings.What you'll get:
- A front row seat to life changing CGM technology. .
- A full and comprehensive benefits program.
- Growth opportunities on a global scale.
- Access to career development through in-house learning programs
and/or qualified tuition reimbursement.
- An exciting and innovative, industry-leading organization
committed to our employees, customers, and the communities we
- 5-15%Experience and Education
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 8-12
years of related experience.
- At this level a graduate degree may be desirable with 4 years
of related experience.Exempt Salary Details The annual base salary
range for this role is $91,400.00 to $152,300.00. Final
compensation package will ultimately depend on factors including
relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, business needs and market
Keywords: Dexcom Inc., San Diego , Lead Instructional and Content Designer, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!