Lead Contract Administrator
Company: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 17, 2023
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.We currently have an exciting
opportunity for a Senior Contracts Administrator to work within our
Contracts team, located in Rancho Bernardo, CA. Under consultative
direction, this position is responsible for supporting one or more
business units in the management of contracts.DUTIES &
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy
and customer solicitation requirements; determines the
applicability of complex government laws and regulations to the
- Identifies contract issues and responds to a variety of
unusually complex inquiries while providing leadership in
developing innovative solutions.
- Leads negotiating and modifying standard contracts and
negotiates and modifies non-standard contracts.
- Reviews and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure,
teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and
provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- May participate in cost and pricing reviews with program
management and customer representatives.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact
on contracts, including export considerations.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic
and hard copy records.
- Makes internal and external presentations as required and acts
as primary contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Represents the organization as the primary administrative
contact on assigned contracts.
- Provide direction to professional or technical staff on
- Participates in the selection, development, and training of
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
to apply. Job Qualifications:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business
administration with an emphasis in contract administration or a
related discipline, along with fifteen or more years of progressive
professional experience in contract administration. Equivalent
professional contract experience may be substituted in lieu of
- Experience with large and/or complex Department of Defense
contracts, variety of contract types, and contract pricing is
- Must have a thorough understanding of contract principles,
theories, concepts, and regulations, and experience demonstrating a
broad application of those practices, techniques, and standards
under the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to
develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex
problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and
presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a
variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal and leadership
skills to influence and guide employees, senior managers, customers
and other senior external parties; (4) the ability to organize,
schedule, and coordinate multiple work phases; (5) the ability to
lead less experienced professional employees; and,(6) excellent
- Working knowledge of SAP desirable. Ability to work
independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability
to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD secret clearance is
required. Salary:$105,890 - $189,545
Keywords: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc., San Diego , Lead Contract Administrator, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!