EMS Improvement Coordinator
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and
Border Protection's (CBP) by assessing current processes and
procedures, identifying gaps, developing improvements, and
standardizing emergency preparation and response efforts across all
CBP areas. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a system for collecting and analyzing data
on Emergency Medical Service (EMS) situations to measure and
improve the effectiveness at stations across the country. (i.e.,
collect response times, patient outcomes, and etc. other useful
information to improve the quality of CBP's EMS system.)
- Develop protocols and procedures to standardize emergency
medical services and facilitate implementation across all CBP
Sectors. (Including guidelines for triage, patient assessment,
treatment, and transport.)
- Ensure that CBP personnel across the country receive consistent
and ongoing training based on the latest research and best
- Establish a system for monitoring and evaluating the quality of
emergency medical services provided at Border Patrol Stations
include regular reviews of patient outcomes, feedback from patients
and families, and evaluation of CBP personnel performance in
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database of CBP EMS
resources, including personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensure that EMS personnel have access to the latest equipment
and technology, such as defibrillators, ventilators, and monitoring
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for EMS
- Provide training to EMS personnel on new procedures and
- Participate in emergency response exercises to evaluate the
effectiveness of the EMS system.
- Provide regular reports on EMS operations to DHS
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as emergency
management, public health, or healthcare administration.
- At least three years of experience in EMS/EMT operations or
- Strong analytical skills with experience in data analysis and
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders from
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly
Excel, Word, and Visio.
- Prior military medical experience and/or Customs and Border
Protection experience preferred.
Keywords: 4S, San Diego , EMS Improvement Coordinator, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!