EIT Civil Associate I, Land Development
Company: Michael Baker International, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 16, 2023
WHO WE ARESupported by more than 3,600 employees in nearly 100
locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of
engineering and consulting services, including design, planning,
architectural, environmental, construction and program management.
Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments,
foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients.
Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence
that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and
technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex
LAND DEVELOPMENT PRACTICE -Through an integrated approach to all
stages of land development, Michael Baker guides clients through
the entire life cycle of a project, from due diligence, initial
site planning, and entitlement approvals to final engineering,
construction management and surveying. -Engineering integrated with
in-house planning and surveying excellence and combined with a
commitment to achieving clients' strategic goals, results in
quality service and project delivery in a timely and cost-effective
manner. Michael Baker's skilled land development team engages with
high-priority clients on a wide range of project types, including
commercial and retail developments, industrial and office parks,
educational and governmental facilities, housing developments, and
The Civil Associate I will be joining our robust Land Development
team in San Diego, California. This group consisting of youthful
and seasoned professionals has a legacy of focus on thoughtful,
innovative, and efficient solutions to design challenges that are
applied on federal (Department of Defense) projects throughout
Southern California and beyond. -
- The majority of your day would be spent on a team performing
various tasks including civil design, Civil 3D, project research,
and engineering document preparation.
- Assist engineers with site investigation and research, field
walks and documentation, data collection and organization.
- You will work with Design Engineers, Project Engineers and
Managers who will guide you in the development of design and
construction documents and deliverables.
- Hands-on civil engineering design applied to grading, storm
drain, sewer, water, paving, streets, dry utilities, water quality,
- Collaborate with multiple civil disciplines working as a team
to solve design challenges.
- You'll feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are an
important part of the organization and are contributing to the
success of your clients, your team and yourself!
- You'll need a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Engineering-in-Training (EIT) certification is
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Communication and organizational skills
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Pride in attention to quality and detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are
essential to success in this role.
COMPENSATIONThe salary range for this position is $68,000-$85,000.
This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the
BENEFITSWe offer a comprehensive benefits package including: -
- Medical, dental, vision insurance -
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability -
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off -
- Commuter and wellness benefits -
Workplace Flexibility: Whether you want to work in the office, at
home, or in a hybrid model, we accommodate a variety of
preferences. We recognize our employees face many factors when it
comes to selecting the best work location, and we are passionate
about providing options and flexibility. - -
Keywords: Michael Baker International, Inc., San Diego , EIT Civil Associate I, Land Development, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!