Test Engineer 2
Company: Kontron America Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Kontron is a global leader in IoT/Embedded Computing Technology
(ECT). Kontron offers individual solutions in the areas of Internet
of Things (IoT), Industry 4.0 and Mobile Solutions through a
combined portfolio of hardware, software and services. With its
standard and customized products based on highly reliable
state-of-the-art technologies, Kontron provides secure and
connected applications for a wide variety of industries. As a
result, customers benefit from accelerated time-to-market, lower
total cost of ownership, extended product lifecycles and the best
fully integrated applications.In addition to being an established
global presence with opportunities for growth, Kontron encourages
communication through all levels of the organization to ensure a
common direction and allow our employees to make informed
decisions. Our culture has been created by the people who work
here, making Kontron a fast-paced, friendly, and enjoyable
workplace with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.We have
an exciting opportunity for a professional role as Test Engineer 2
to join our Kontron Family! In this role you will create and
maintain test procedures, test specifications, and designs test
equipment for all company products including manufactured chassis,
circuit boards, turnkey I/O products, and pass-through commercial
- For each new product designs a test specification summary, and
creates a full test procedure and any necessary test fixtures to be
used in Production, Integration, Receiving Inspection, or at a
turnkey supplier site.
- Assists Marketing in evaluating new products for testability.
Uses various operating systems and test software and hardware to
support this evaluation effort.
- Provides support for Integration personnel on test related
problems that occur on the Production floor. Researches possible
compatibility issues, downloads necessary driver upgrades, and
communicates with vendors as necessary to obtain technical support
on products, as it relates to test and configuration issues.
- Develops, maintains and continuously improves test equipment,
processes and procedures used for testing Kontron products; both
in-house and at external vendor locations.
- Develops and maintains database of products, and associated
test procedures, fixtures, and software. Ensures all test tools,
documentation, and software are formally maintained and under
formal change control.
- Continuously evaluates new test software for use during
Integration test and burn-in processes.
- Follows all ESD procedures and company policies for material
- Supports NPI programs as an active member of the design team
placing special emphasis on design for test requirements.
- Comes up with innovative ideas on how to test more efficiently,
shorten burn-in times, and how to improve the Engineering,
Production and Integration processes.
- Travel may be required to support test equipment deployed at
off-site manufacturing locationsRequirements
- Bachelor's degree (BSEE, BSCS, BSME or related technical
experience and/or certifications)
- 3-5 years related experience in a test engineering environment
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of one to three years experience with PC hardware and
software, including a broad knowledge base including analog and
digital circuits, schematics, communication products, PC boards and
peripherals, laboratory test equipment, Linux and Windows
programming and scripting languages.
- Two years overall electronics experience required.Kontron is
looking for an honorable, professional, ethical, team player to
work in a team environment who wants to be a contributor to the
success of the organization. Feel up to the challenge? If this is
you click Apply now!PI5140e396ed13-31181-33151131
Keywords: Kontron America Inc, San Diego , Test Engineer 2, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!