Research Scientist II, Chemistry, GI DDU
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D
organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative
therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four
therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the
boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing
therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Research Scientist II where you will apply
innovative synthetic organic, bioconjugation, and medicinal
chemistry principles to design, synthesize, and characterize novel,
functional molecules within a drug discovery setting that leverages
a variety of therapeutic modalities. You will also develop skills
and knowledge in a cutting-edge, modality agnostic drug discovery
unit to create products to serve patients with gastrointestinal
diseases. As part of the Gastrointestinal Drug Discovery Unit (GI
DDU), you will report to the Director of Chemistry.
How you will contribute:
- Design, synthesize, and characterize bioactive target molecules
to address issues of potency and drug-like properties.
- Develop innovative and efficient synthetic routes and
- Act as a key member of a multidisciplinary drug discovery
project team, assist with development of project strategy,
coordination of research activities, and analysis and communication
of complex data.
- Contribute to ongoing innovation within medicinal chemistry
through familiarity with recent methods in synthetic organic
chemistry, with additional experience in conjugation
- Maintain a broad current understanding of the scientific and
technological landscapes of organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry,
and drug discovery, and the scientific literature related to a
specific drug discovery project.
- Keep an accurate, comprehensive, concise notebook in accordance
with company policy.
- Identify obstacles and solve a variety of problems
independently and in collaboration with project teams.
- Prepare and present research to range of internal and external
audiences, through presentations, posters, and contributions to
authorship of patents and scientific manuscripts.
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 2+
years relevant experience, or MS with 8+ years relevant experience,
or BS with 10+ years relevant experience.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the
ability to present rationale, key data, issues, and accomplishments
to project teams.
- Strong collaboration skills, with the ability to work
effectively within a diverse team.
- A high level of creativity and productivity with respect to
laboratory contribution, with strong problem-solving skills
directed toward achievement of project milestones.
- Strong laboratory-based focus, experimental excellence, and
well-developed communication and collaboration skills are required
for this position.
- Diverse practical experience in synthetic organic
- Experience with antibody, oligonucleotide and/or peptide
bioconjugation is preferable.
- Demonstrated clear understanding of experimental design and
- Good understanding of basic biochemical and biological
- High level of expertise in modern laboratory and analytical
- Strong data analysis skills, able to generate novel hypotheses
and make data driven decisions.
- Strong design skills, able to drive optimization of compound
potency and drug-like properties via hypothesis-driven design
drawing on knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles..
- Proficiency with basic chemistry and laboratory research
- Experience with molecular modeling and/or structure-based
design tools are a plus.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
Base Salary Range: $130,200.00 to $186,000.00, based on candidate
professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for
Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are
eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days &
Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time
Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into
account a number of factors including, but not limited to,
location, skills, education, and experience.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are
Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
San Diego, CA
Keywords: Takeda, San Diego , Research Scientist II, Chemistry, GI DDU, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!