Principal Research Scientist
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Leidos has an opening for a Principal Research
Scientist with a background in sensor science focusing in CBRN
sensor phenomenology and signal processing. This is an exciting
opportunity to use your experience to help grow the Leidos
measurement and signatures technologies portfolio of contract and
internal R&D projects, benchmarking, and operational
prototypes. In this position, the Principal Research Scientist will
help develop and lead a team for the research & development of
advanced sensing systems. Successful candidates will have a strong
background in advanced signal processing using FPGA and embedded
CPU architectures and have led multiple programs from concept to
advanced prototype. Candidates may possess the experience of
transitioning technologies from engineering prototypes to
commercial products within government funded programs.
- Design, build, perform tests, and analyze experiments in
various sensing systems and platforms for cutting edge devices in
measurement and signature analysis within Chem-Bio, RadNuc,
Acoustic-Magnetic, Seismic, and Radio-Frequency domains.
- Writing proposals, publishing papers, attending, and presenting
at conferences, and briefing internal and external customers
- Collaborate with other team members, engineers, and scientists
across the company and different fields to leverage sensor
technologies to achieve organizational goals. Basic Qualifications
- Masters degree and 8+ years experience in physics, applied
physics, engineering, or related fields (additional years of
experience in lieu of degree)
- Research experience and experimental background in one or more
of the following areas: chem/bio sensing, radiation/nuclear
detection & imaging, acoustic/magnetic sensing.
- Experience developing innovative solutions based upon the
application of independent research and development.
- Experience in building and managing research and development
teams to address technological gaps to help customers achieve
- Experience building and benchmarking hardware and prototypes,
to include metrics development, and
- Technical writing skills with experience in writing and leading
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a US
government Secret security clearance.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and flexibility to work
within multiple projects.
- Experience with standard software for analytics or scientific
applications such as Python and Matlab.
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical and
non-technical audiences. Preferred Qualifications
- Ph.D. in physics, Applied Physics, Engineering, or related
- Experience operationalizing machine learning and/or autonomy,
and analytical capabilities.
- Experience in FPGA design and high-speed digital
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
within cloud architectures such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Interest and/or experience in quantum computing, quantum
communications, and quantum sensing.
- Experience in proposing and winning independent research
- Experience with big data applications, data science, or data
analytics methods and tools
- DoD Top Secret Clearance LInC Pay Range: Pay Range $118,300.00
- $213,850.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, San Diego , Principal Research Scientist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!