Medicinal Chemistry Internship - Summer 2024
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
At Takeda, we are committed to lifelong learning.
To that end, Takeda's summer internship program blends real world
experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical
industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain
professional hands-on experience.
The summer internship program is a full-time commitment of 12 weeks
and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical
company. Our internship program provides you with the opportunity
to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and
Please note that Takeda does not provide intern housing or a
How you will contribute:
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication and writing
- Deadline-driven with an elevated level of organizational and
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual
- Proven record of accomplishment of teamwork, adaptability,
innovation, initiative, and integrity.
- Global mindset to grow in a diverse work environment.
- Executes the design, synthesis and characterization of novel
chemical compounds for drug discovery efforts.
- Work closely with a medicinal chemist in a pharmaceutical
research lab to learn synthetic organic reactions and techniques.
Role is focused on small molecules in Neuroscience Drug Discovery
- Maintains excellent documentation of all work in the form of
laboratory notebooks, technical reports, and presentations to a
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Currently authorized to work in the US (United States) without
sponsorship. Takeda does not provide sponsorship for internship
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week), within the core
business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm, for 12 weeks during the summer
- Undergraduate student with completion of a minimum of one year
of university studies.
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your
internship with Takeda.
- College coursework for General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry,
including accompanying laboratory work, must have been
- Manual dexterity required to operate instrumentation (i.e.,
- Able to work in a lab environment, including carrying, handling
and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- 100% lab based at San Diego site.
The hourly pay rate range is $19.00 per hour - $37.00 per hour. The
final pay rate offered for this internship may consider several
factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education,
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Keywords: Takeda, San Diego , Medicinal Chemistry Internship - Summer 2024, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!