KPBS Freelance Host - On-Air Fundraising
Company: SDSU Research Foundation
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 10, 2024
This position is filled on an on-call, as-needed basis with no
set schedule or guaranteed number of hours. Rate is $50.00 per hour
and is non-negotiable. KPBS serves the greater San Diego community
with informative, cultural, entertaining and educational
television, radio, and web programming. KPBS TV/FM is the public
television and radio stations for San Diego. Licensed to San Diego
State University, KPBS supports and furthers the universitys
educational and community service mission by informing,
enlightening and empowering its listeners. It does so not only by
presenting national and locally produced programming of value to
its San Diego audience, but also by producing programming about San
Diego and its people for distribution nationwide. Perks you'll
enjoy as a member of #teamKPBS
- Working on a college campus & in public media: Access to campus
facilities and staff discounts, farmer's market Tuesday's, tons of
eateries, community events, entertainment
- Hybrid schedule/ remote work flexibility options (varies by
- Casual work attire
- Enjoy a 'beautiful day in the neighborhood' with local employee
- Opportunity drawings to attend SDSU basketball games, local
concerts and events
- Free wellness classes & programs
- Monthly pop-up events for staff
- Sick leave accruals and paid leave options
- On-site childcare at a discounted rate
- Opportunities for continued learning and professional
- Employee assistance program
- Voluntary retirement savings planThe following information is
intended to be representative of the work performed by incumbents
in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a
specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of
position responsibilities. Job descriptions may be changed at any
time based on the needs of the department. The Host position
appears on camera, digital images and voices live and pre-taped
Radio and TV pledge breaks, spots and digital for On-Air/Membership
Fundraising campaigns. This position may also appear at KPBS
community events.Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
- Known track record of excellent on-air audio/video.
- Known expertise in voice delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent command of the English
language, grammar and style and adlibbing
- Ability to create original content with sound editorial
judgment and follow-through.
- Ability to work quickly and make timely and effective decisions
in situations requiring prompt attention.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and to
interact effectively with co-workers.
- Displays knowledge and adherence to high ethical
- Displays strong computer skills. Minimum Experience
- Four years of on-air professional experience in progressively
responsible roles; one year of live broadcast hosting or related
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work, preferably in journalism
or actingPreferred Qualifications
- Fluency in Spanish/other languages
- Experience with LIVE radio and TV broadcasting
- Additional on-air experience, public media fundraising
- Virtual/green screen stage experience
- Voice over and/or video training
- Expertise with interviewingAdditional Applicant Information:
- Candidates must reside in California, or be willing to
relocate, and live within a commutable distance to the SDSU campus
at the time of hire.
- Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on
Background Check results (including a criminal record check).
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an
Keywords: SDSU Research Foundation, San Diego , KPBS Freelance Host - On-Air Fundraising, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!