Scientific Buyer II
Company: Kelly Services
Location: La Jolla
Posted on: January 16, 2019
Scientific Buyer II, La Jolla, CA
Position Type: Long-term contract position for 6 months, with potential to extend/convert.
Job Scope: The Buyer will be responsible for the procurement of various commodity materials including packaging and raw materials. He/she will support new product introductions, evaluate the existing and potential supply base for lowest total cost, highest quality and superior performance and drive cost reductions to the bottom line. He/she will manage complex tasks independently and act as the primary liaison between the internal Customer and the Supplier on major issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure (Stock Status) is reviewed and acted on weekly and ensure Paper requisitions are placed in a timely fashion. Pro-actively communicate with customers when an issue arises with an order.
- Supply production requirements to manufacturing locations that support weekly the needs of the factory and ensures that factory production is not disrupted.
- Continuously evaluate, understand, and update the Stock Status as necessary. The Internal and External Lead-time, Re-order Point and the Lot Size must be updated on a quarterly basis and the latest data must be entered in AX system. Any known delivery delays or Issues need to be communicated to production.
- 1) Develop and track all cost saving projects and update manager on a monthly basis
- 2) Work to reduce the internal Cost of Ordering by identifying non-value activities and eliminate wherever possible.
- 3) Ensure that competitive pricing is achieved by Quoting out all new Products, and requoting a sample population of existing items of our preferred suppliers on an annual basis.
- Communicate frequently with internal customers and suppliers regarding, customer service, process improvements and cost saving ideas. Maintain strong relationship with internal Customers (Manufacturing, R&D, Quality Groups and Facilities). Respond immediately to requests. Anticipate and prepare for potential issues. Document lessons learned.
- Technical Skills. Demonstrate effective utilization of existing purchasing planning policies, procedures, systems, and documented processes. Recommend and drive improvements. Keep up to date on Best Practice purchasing Skills. Systems skills include Dynamics AX, ERP, in addition to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- New Product Planning. Support all New Product planning activities and ensure that Purchasing directs the sourcing process.
- Reporting. Complete various reporting requirements. At a minimum, these reports should include customer service, Cost Savings tracking, and supplier performance.
- Training. Train new department personnel in Purchasing procedures, systems, documented processes, and lessons learned.
- Improvements. Drive modifications to existing policies and procedures used in planning finished goods inventories and deployment as the need for change and opportunities for improvement are identified.
Supervision to be received: (Indicate nature of supervision to be exercised over this position in terms of guidance and control, instructions given, etc.)
General guidance, direction, and supervision from the Manager, Purchasing. Operate independently 85% of the time within scope of authority using established procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a Scientific Discipline with comprehension of chemical and biochemical raw material specifications is required.
- Five (5)years of purchasing / procurement experience in continuously changing environment.
- Demonstration of well-developed, analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal and teaming skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstration of system-orientation, primarily purchasing systems.
- Experience within a biotech /pharma organization and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)/Quality System (QS) Regulation is strongly preferred.
- Must have a proven record as a leader/trainer with strong planning, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Will have the ability to negotiate supplier pricing, analyze variances, and will have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Will offer computer skills/proficiency with MS Office Suite and modern ERP systems.
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Call Alex at 858.207.6311
With Kelly, youll have access to some of the worlds highest-regarded scientific organizations
providing you with opportunities to work on todays most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits youll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your careerconnect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, San Diego , Scientific Buyer II, Other , La Jolla, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!