Senior Scientist, Mass Cytometry
Location: La Jolla
Posted on: April 18, 2019
The Cancer Immunology Discovery (CID) unit in Pfizer, Inc (San
Diego, CA) is recruiting a Senior Scientist Mass Cytometry
Specialist to lead the daily operation of CIDs Mass Cytometry Core
Facility. The Senior Scientist will support research efforts
throughout CID and is accountable to support and/or lead research
projects and to ensure the appropriate processes are implemented
according to research protocols. This role may advise the program
managers regarding project identification, data collection and
analysis, computer programming and integration. This position
designs research and assessment techniques to achieve desired
outcomes. This position translates pragmatic research into
pre-clinical applications, which may involve managing large
databases, training scientists / research associates, and designing
metrics to measure desired outcomes. This position creates the
procedures for research data collection and is responsible for
managing the ongoing research efforts and integrity of existing
data systems and insuring integration across the organization.
- Responsible for optimizing and improving mass cytometry
- Perform routine technical troubleshooting of mass cytometry
instruments and assays
- Provides technical expertise, leadership and support for mass
cytometry operations for assay/result troubleshooting.
- Reviews and documents the results of technology transfers and
process improvement validations.
- Collaborates with the Translational Sciences Laboratory where
- Write and review standard operating procedures and policies for
- Plays a critical role in assessment, prevention, cost analysis,
and development of strategies to control the risks at each stage of
the research system life cycle.
- Reviews and communicates current literature and research
findings in collaboration with leadership.
- Identifies new ideas and areas for R&D and participates in
data collection / analysis.
- May lead or participate in research dissemination initiatives
(i.e., publication, presentation).
- May supervise and/or mentor students/associates and/or other
- Ph.D. in biological science or related field with 0-3 years of
experience or MS with 7+ years of experience or BS with 10+ years
- 1+ year experience in mass cytometry techniques and principles
- Research and collaboration experience to interact effectively
in academic, corporate, and clinical cultures on a
- Experience using statistical research methods and their use in
outcomes mass cytometry data reporting.
- Experience writing manuscripts, SOPs, technical specifications,
and managing projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of data management & analysis
functions and processes.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of project management
including development, support, installation, resource allocation,
life cycle planning, cost tracking, and project risk
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in murine solid tumor and tissue processing for
immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, and mass cytometry.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and work to short
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Experience in publishing in peer reviewed journals.
- Experience in study coordination and collaboration.
- Familiarity with statistical and informatics/bioinformatics
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: March 1, 2019Eligible for
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer, San Diego , Senior Scientist, Mass Cytometry, Other , La Jolla, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!