Company: Delaware North
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment Petco Park
This position is located at PETCO Park, the current home of the San
Diego Padres. Sportservice at PETCO Park is the premier provider of
concessions, premium services, catering and retail. This facility
holds 46,000 spectators at any given event. Please visit for more
The Opportunity Position Summary
Assists management with the efficient operation of the
bar/restaurant/club, in accordance with the Company s GuestPath
Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational
- Supervises the activities of all associates assigned to bar
floor; ensures that breaks occur in a timely manner.
- Trains new and existing associates, under the direction of
- Handles disciplinary matters and ensures quality employee
- Enforces and adheres to all unit and company alcohol service
policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality, accuracy, and timely delivery of food and
- Assists associates with service and/or billing issues.
- Verifies proper set-up, service, and cleaning of assigned area
- Visits with guests to ensure satisfaction; promptly
communicates any opportunities to management.
- Analyzes and resolves all problems with employees, guests,
client and the operation, with the assistance of management.
- Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating
efficiently and accurately.
- Verifies all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion
- Ensures all workstations, storerooms, bar, host stand, decks
and dinning areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and sufficiently
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the
bar/restaurant; follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Completes daily point-of-sale reports as requested by
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures;
performs inventory counts as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Non-essential Functions:
- Assists management with the daily cash procedures and
- Assists in the timely payment of product invoices.
- Assists in the ordering of bar product, rentals for events, and
other products needed for the operation.
- Assists with catered events as directed. Education &
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in Food
& Beverage or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in front-of-house
bar/restaurant or foodservice position, in a high volume
- One year supervisory experience in bar/restaurant or service
- Experience in cash handling and credit card processing
- Previous experience using computerized POS system required;
previous experience with Micros POS preferred. Knowledge, Skills &
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company s
GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and
alcohol service training.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of a high volume sit-down
bar/restaurant with high service standards.
- Possess basic knowledge of bar operations and standard drink
recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks,
account for cash and inventory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills ability to
communicate with staff and to prepare written reports.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to
direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and
- Highly motivated, ability to take initiative.
- Team-oriented; ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment. Physical
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up
to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare
bills. Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent alternating between indoor,
climate-controlled environment of bar, restaurant and temperature
fluctuations of warehouse and kitchen.
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment
subject to climate fluctuations. *Nothing in this job description
restricts the management s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Sportservice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary to the
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality
companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs
family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global
operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment
venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and
restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee
associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest
at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually.
Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality,
restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty
retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn
more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check
and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the
position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Associated topics: barista, bartender, beverage service, club
bartender, drink, license, liquor, pub bartender, shots,
Keywords: Delaware North, San Diego , Bar Supervisor, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!