Mgr Mission Assurance 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves
freedom and democracy,
and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a
lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual
curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work
and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is
impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical
standards characterize everything you do. You treat all people with
respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You
create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate
effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel
engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive
for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You
demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet
the requirements of our customer. You create and execute
that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable
If this is YOUkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) has an opportunity for a
Mission Assurance Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals in San Diego, CA in the Quality and Mission Excellence
(QME) organization. The
Mission Assurance Manager will promote professional development of
the Mission Assurance workforce and fosters a collaborative culture
that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and
inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous
improvement. The individual will also support program needs to
ensure all customer requirements are met with on-time delivery and
first time quality. Assess talent needs, select and develop a
In this role, the candidate will provide day to day interface with
program leadership and the QME staff to execute the following:
- Maintains the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance
and internal controls in adherence to company values and
- Provides clear assignments, helps employees connect their efforts
to the bigger picture, creates an inclusive work environment
characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and
builds a culture that motivates
employees to their highest levels of performance.
- Advocate and implement continuous improvement opportunities,
providing leadership and guidance in identifying and executing
tasks to increase efficiency and effectiveness of program
- Leverage comprehensive metrics, program specifications, and
processes to ensure mission success of programs.
- Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and
processes to ensure mission success of programs.
- Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability
and maintainability of program achievements,
subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual
- Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources
to ensure mission assurance.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions,
please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers
video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo" This video gives
candidates a preview of the Manager Selection Process and is their
first opportunity to learn more about the Manager Readiness
Assessment and the overall process.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
- 5 years minimum of industry experience in one or more areas:
Quality/Mission Assurance, Engineering, Production/ Manufacturing,
- 3 years of direct management and leadership experience
overseeing a department or team.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal, communication,
leadership and mentoring skills and confidence to brief upper
management on a regular basis.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a Secret (or higher) level
clearance. US citizenship required.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in STEM or Management.
- 8 years with direct experience in design, development,
production, test of electronic components, or
- Experience in program/project budget planning/management (CAM)
and Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Experience with contract proposal efforts, e.g. BOEs, budget
planning/rationalizing, review/analysis of contract
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 or AS9100 Quality Management System
- Experience selecting and coordinating key metrics and
subsequently presenting meaningful data for project review
- ability to generate and analyze quantitative data. In addition,
to provide results and conclusion of the analysis.
- Experience in the Risk and Opportunity Management process and
- Demonstrated ability to drive risk mitigation, opportunity
capture, and issues resolution cross all stakeholder
- throughout all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Experience in the oversight and management of suppliers,
supplier evaluations and supplier metrics reporting.Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, San Diego , Mgr Mission Assurance 2, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!