Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 15, 2019
As a Senior Scientist / Staff Scientist at Illumina, in the Core
Applications Product Development group, you will work in a dynamic,
team oriented environment and help create genomic analysis tools
used in the leading edges of research and a variety of applied
commercial markets. You will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team
working to create novel, robust library preparation products for
sequencing platforms offered by Illumina. You will participate in
or lead the conceptualization, development and optimization of
assays and processes to maintain and expand this product line's
market share in current and emerging markets.Job duties include but
are not limited to:
- Develop products within the Core Application, Library
- Develop new products in fast-paced product development
environment. Identify, evaluate, plan, and optimize research ideas
leading to new robust assays.
- In collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams, design, develop
and launch state-of-the art products.
- Design, implement, analyze and present experiments to
demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move
products through pipeline.
- Write reports and present results and project assessments to
- Optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of
stability, robustness and performance.
- Be a strong scientific individual contributor as well as a
collaborative team member and proactive technical manager.
- Perform equally well as individual contributor, collaborative
team member and technical manager depending on project needs and is
highly adaptive to changing project scopes and
- Lead projects and guide technical areas independently. Make
decisions involving designing, performing, troubleshooting,
analyzing and presenting experiments.
- Manage goals within defined target timeframes and make
decisions regarding the goals and progress of project / functional
- May mentor or manage direct, including research associates or
- Perform other duties as assigned.Education and Experience:
- Ph. D. in the Biological or Chemical Sciences with 5 - 15 years
of post doctoral industrial experience.
- Strong background in biochemistry and enzymology with a sound
understanding of molecular assay development.
- Highly motivated, meticulous individual with the proven ability
to think innovatively toward solving technical problems effectively
- Four or more years' experience in commercial product
development, with evidence of successful product launch, in
compliance with PDP.
- Proven record of developing and transferring new products to
manufacturing in a fast-paced biotech environment.
- Able to work effectively under pressure to meet scheduled
deadlines and handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Experience serving on cross functional development teams
- Experience in developing and managing technical personnel.
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills. Knowledge of
fundamental critical parameter management and testing using DOE
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required to
clearly explain complex issues, progress reports and technical
roadmaps to a variety of audiences across functions and
- Experience with NGS assay development.
- Ability to translate corporate goals into executable plans
understanding technical risks, mitigation's and alternatives. All
listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this
position; however, business conditions may require reasonable
accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.Illumina
believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we
are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed,
color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status,
age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or
veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you
have a disability or special need that requires accommodation,
please contact us at . To learn more, visit:
Keywords: Illumina, San Diego , Staff Scientist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!