Company: Mission Healthcare Services Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Are you looking for a job where you can grow, have an adjustable
schedule, and have a supportive team behind you? Mission Healthcare
is the company to give you that flexibility youre looking for!
Mission Healthcare is a company that takes pride in putting their
employees needs first. Employee happiness is key to work in a
healthy harmonious environment and to ensure quality patient
care.In 2018 we won The Pursuing Purpose Award, we take much pride
and responsibility with receiving such an honorary award. One of
our biggest motivators is to let our employees know they are making
a positive difference in other peoples lives and that their jobs
matter to not only the company but the rest of the world. Your
voice is very important to our company. Come work for Mission
Healthcare and see what Mission Healthcare can do for you!
Service Line: Healthcare
Job Title/Position: Insurance Specialist
Reports To: Director of Administrative Services
The Insurance Specialist is responsible for providing the highest
level of customer service to both internal and external customers
in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. This position manages
the total referral process for non-Medicare referrals including;
the referral initiation, physician, patient, and insurance
verification, assignment of referrals and record keeping, as well
as establishing and maintaining positive relationships with
customers and referral sources. The Insurance Specialist must have
excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational
and problem-solving skills, and the ability to multi-task
effectively. Teamwork is a critical part of this position as the
Insurance Specialist will work in partnership with multiple
internal groups, including Customer Service Specialists, Marketing,
Branch Clinical Operations, Clinicians, and Scheduling staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates referral by accepting information from referral
sources (including the use of multiple electronic referral systems)
and completing referral in Homecare Homebase (HCHB) from start to
- Call physician offices to thank them for patient referral,
ensure that they are following and will sign orders and ask if
there is anything else we can help with.
- Obtains verification, eligibility, and authorization of
patients third-party payor, MIA, Med-Cal, Managed Care and other
designated coverage as appropriate and communicated necessary
information in a timely manner.
- Screen patients to verify client address and telephone number,
service needs, insurance, and if applicable, Durable Power of
- Apply knowledge of Homecare, Home Health, and Hospice to be
able to answer any questions the patients may have about Missions
- Provides information to Agency staff, the general public,
patients, and payor sources, as appropriate, regarding Agency and
other community services. Maintains good customer service relations
and accurate and efficient communications at all times.
- Collects, processes and transmits to Agency departments and
branch offices the information necessary to support the functions
of those departments/ offices as requested. Accurately documents
all information into agency computer system.
- Maintains tracking of all Managed Care patient authorizations
and ensures timely notifications of branch offices, as
- Run monthly batch eligibility based upon assigned alphabetical
group for Medicare and Non-Medicare patients.
- Maintains current and accurate knowledge of contract insurance
company needs and processes the required paperwork per specific
contractual guidelines. Assists Agency and department personnel in
the solution of specific issues and contact questions.
- Verify orders and physicians and obtain specific orders for
care and obtain physician UPIN number if necessary.
- Seeks professional guidance and asks questions, as
- Participates in scheduled meetings and department projects.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to calling
laboratory/X-ray companies to order specific tests required by the
physician, informing ancillary services, such as Mission Homecare,
of the needed services for the client.
- High school graduate; associates or bachelors degree preferred
in health related field.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in health care related field including managed care,
third-party payor billing, and/or medical office
- Computer knowledge.
- Typing/word processing skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
Keywords: Mission Healthcare Services Inc, San Diego , Insurance Specialist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!