Landscape Field Supervisor
Company: Pacific Green Landscape
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Purpose/Description - Management of crews for landscape maintenance
of properties. Primary responsibility is to oversee crews and act
as liaison between crew members and Production Manager. Supervisor
will typically perform a variety of tasks, which will include any
combination of the following in order to facilitate completion of
required maintenance: mowing, trimming, planting, watering,
fertilizing, digging, raking, sprinkler basic repairs, and basic
irrigation controller programming.
Prop--sito / Descripci--n - Gesti--n de cuadrillas para el
mantenimiento del paisaje de las propiedades. La responsabilidad
principal es supervisar a las tripulaciones y actuar como enlace
entre los miembros de la tripulaci--n y el Gerente de producci--n.
El supervisor generalmente realizar-- una variedad de tareas, que
incluir--n cualquier combinaci--n de lo siguiente para facilitar la
finalizaci--n del mantenimiento requerido: corte, recorte,
plantaci--n, riego, fertilizaci--n, excavaci--n, rastrillado,
reparaciones b--sicas de rociadores y programaci--n b--sica del
controlador de riego.
Requirements, Education, and Experience
English - Basic for effective communication
Spanish for communication with employees
No formal educational credential
Short-term on-the-job training (3) years proven work experience in
Insurable California Drivers License
Ability to pass Drug Screen
Skills Basic Skills
- Active Learning Understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
- Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are
saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies Selecting and using training/instructional
methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning
or teaching new things.
- Monitoring Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself and
- Reading Comprehension Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking Talking to others to convey information
- Writing Basic communicating in writing as needed to production
- Coordination Adjusting actions in relation to others'
- Instructing Teaching others how to do something
Problem Solving Skills
- Problem Solving Identifying problems and reviewing related
information to develop and evaluate options and implement
- Equipment Selection Determining the kind of tools and equipment
needed to do a job.
- Operation Monitoring Watching gauges, dials, or other
indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control Controlling operations of equipment or
- Troubleshooting Determining causes of operating errors and
deciding what to do about it.
- Judgment and Decision Making Considering potential actions to
choose the most appropriate one.
Resource Management Skills
- Management of Material Resources Obtaining and seeing to the
appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to
do certain work.
- Management of Personnel Resources Motivating, developing, and
directing people as they work, identifying most efficient use of
- Time Management Managing one's own time and the time of
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
Impact of Decisions
- Requires making decisions that impact the results of
co-workers, clients or the company
Pace and Scheduling
- Job pace is determined by management goals and
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Requires work with others in a group or team
- Leadership ability
Responsibility for Others
- Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
- Includes responsibility for the health and safety of others
- Requires ability to follow all company safety rules &
- Requires enforcement of all company safety rules & guidelines
for crew members
- Requires knowledge of safe, best practices for all work
- Microsoft Outlook - Email
- Smart Phone operation to include texting and taking/sending
photos to manager
Keywords: Pacific Green Landscape, San Diego , Landscape Field Supervisor, Other , Lakeside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!