Company: Trimble Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Title: Product Owner
Location: San Diego, CA or Westminster, CO
Department: Trimble Buildings MEP
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering
products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds.
Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data
analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality,
safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to
enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and
services are transforming a broad range of industries such as
agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and
logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit
Are you passionate about building amazing products?
Are days lonely if you don t get to talk to developers about what
they re building?
Do you love working with UX to define products based on customer
Are you comfortable in the B2B space?
Does working for a global company excite you?
Is rolling up your sleeves what you live for?
Do you have more energy than a herd of wild cats?
We are looking for an experienced Agile Product Owner who can fully
understand and analyze both internal and external customer needs
and articulate them in a precise way to the development team via
user stories. As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team
of User Experience, Software and QA Engineers, you will serve as
the interface between our customers, the Product Manager, and your
development team throughout the planning and software development
This particular role is unique because the Product Owner will be
responsible for leading the build of a new suite of products from
the ground up. To that end, autonomy, strong communication,
attention to detail, and a healthy dose of contagious ambition will
be critical to the success of this role!
* Act as the Product Owner with a globally distributed team
* Work directly with other product owners, product managers, system
engineers, program managers, developers, testers, and customers to
define technical user stories to effect an optimal system design
* Collaborate with user experience design staff on software
designs, and validate through iterative user testing and
* Collaborate with the Product Manager and Product Marketing
manager to support product launches
* Manage client expectations to ensure realistic timetables and
deliverables, and then exceed those expectations
* Dive deep into the data and research about the domain, and strive
for expertise in your area
Skills & Experience Required
* 4 year degree
* 5+ years of experience in managing or building software
* Proven ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Understand business drivers, future customer needs and
* Understand the company, division, and sub-division strategies and
how your work fits into it
* Ability to think critically about prioritization decisions and
make smart trade-offs
* Demonstrate a flair for innovation and creativity
* Have strong time management and organizational skills
* Can communicate complex concepts to all levels of an organization
* 25% travel, possibly internationally
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national
origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Keywords: Trimble Inc., San Diego , Product Owner, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!