Supply Chain Specialist
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 22, 2021
- Full-time Company Description NanoComposix is a privately-held
R&D, and manufacturing--company that develops innovative
nanomaterials for research and commercial markets supporting
medical devices, and pharmaceuticals. We manufacture hundreds of
different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell
nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including
biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical
effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled
products to market. We're passionate about what we do and are
looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who
take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in
this exciting industry. Benefits include medical and dental
insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with
company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for
stock ownership in this employee-owned business. Job Description
The Supply Chain Specialist (SCS) is responsible for procurement,
receiving, inventory control, and shipping support. The SCS will
work with the Operations Manager and Supply Chain Team to execute
purchasing processes, receive inventory and non-inventory
materials, management inventory with ERP and/or Excel, and support
the transition to a full-scale ERP system. The SCS will also
support shipment preparation and related tasks. The SCS will work
with vendors and other key partners on quotation requests through
order placement. Works as an integral part of the Operations'
Supply Chain Team. Procurement
- Perform sourcing and purchase order generation specific to
materials with and without specification. Perform cost analysis and
supplier assessment with the support of the Operations Manager.
- Perform general and SPEC-driven receiving to Standard Operating
Procedure for inventory and non-inventory materials. Inventory
- Support organizing & maintaining physical inventory, including
raw materials, supplies, assemblies, and finished goods, as well as
maintaining electronic inventory records real-time as inventory
levels change throughout each day.
- Monitor product inventory and create work orders for low-stock
or depleted orders to help avoid backorders.
- Support efforts to prevent mix-up of products, materials, and
other items so cycle and inventory counts are continually
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the company's products
and related storage and handling requirements in order to handle
sensitive nanomaterials appropriately. Shipping:
- Package and ship processed orders; create shipping labels and
ensure all other documentation required for shipment is properly
included with the shipment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of product packaging guidelines to
ensure materials are packaged according to their shipping
temperature needs, depending on their shipping destination and
estimated transit time.
- Assist with other non-order-related company shipping, as
- Maintain safe working conditions at all times; adhere to all
safety policies and procedures
- Ensure workspaces such as aliquoting, fulfillment, inventory,
and shipping areas are continually kept clean and organized.
- Notify coworkers and supervisor, as needed, of issues as they
arise, and coordinate with co-workers to address them. Continually
analyze systems strengths and weaknesses and work to suggest &
implement beneficial systems improvements.
- Develop and revise SOPs, Work Instructions, and other
controlled and non-controlled documents related to job
- Demonstrate adaptability in a dynamic environment; willingness
to take responsibility for and execute unplanned tasks.--
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when facing
- Other duties may be assigned. Qualifications Supervisory
- Not typically required
- Training and project-based supervision as needed Qualification
- High School diploma or equivalent Experience
- At least two years previous related order fulfillment
- At least 6 months of previous experience in a laboratory
environment and experience with chemical handling preferred.
- High-level problem solving, reasoning, and prioritization
- High level of organization, efficiency, and attention to
- Laboratory and chemical-handling skills preferred
- Proficient at Microsoft Office and general computer skills
- Understanding of inventory and FIFO practices, order management
systems, and general shipping requirements preferred
- Ability to work productively and independently and responds to
tasks and requests (internal and external) in a timely and
efficient manner. Human Resources Requirements Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs regularly and up to
50 lbs occasionally.
- Employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk
throughout the day
- Fine hand motor control required for materials handling and
- Regular use of computers and typing required
- Primarily lab and warehouse environment; some office
- Works in a lab environment where there are chemicals,
biologicals, and compressed gases Additional Information
APPLICATION PROCESS Qualified candidates should submit a resume and
cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how
your previous experience relates to the job requirements and your
availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be
considered without a cover letter. Candidates must be eligible to
work in the United States.-- All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: nanoComposix, San Diego , Supply Chain Specialist, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!