Production Chemist - Nanoparticle Synthesis
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 22, 2021
- Full-time Company Description NanoComposix is a privately-held
R&D and manufacturing--company that develops innovative
nanomaterials for research and commercial markets. We manufacture
hundreds of different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell
nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including
biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical
effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled
products to market. We're passionate about what we do and are
looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who
take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in
this exciting industry. Benefits include medical and dental
insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with
company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for
stock ownership in this employee-owned business. Job Description A
Production Chemist position is available at nanoComposix. This is a
highly collaborative and hands on opportunity. Responsibilities
include working with the team to ensure that the nanomaterial
production schedule is maintained, all quality control measures are
in place and followed, all nanomaterials are manufactured,
processed and characterized as specified under a formal quality
system, all team members are trained and have all of the tools
necessary for success. See full list of responsibilities below.
- For more information, please visit our career page at
- Execute nanoparticle synthesis--and other lab activities
- Assist in nonconforming and customer complaint
- --Ensuring that the manufacturing area is compliant with all
required FDA, ISO and other applicable regulatory agency standards
- Ensuring that the manufacturing area is compliant with the
requirements associated with EHS, HR, Facilities, Housekeeping,
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels of raw materials and
supply items used in manufacturing.
- Develop and initiate policies and/or procedures for continual
- Review manufacturing records for accuracy and completeness in
accordance with GMP.
- Coordinate lab shutdown activities to prevent production
- Actively contribute to team discussion, project planning and
- Maintain an organized, safe and efficient work area at all
- Review batch records for accuracy and completeness.
- Resolve routine issues and escalate non-standard or critical
- Support new product transfer and validation and implementation
of process improvements.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and
effectiveness of the Quality Management System per ISO, FDA and
other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both
internal/external business associates that reflects positively on
the company and is consistent with the company's policies and
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may
occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has
awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of
responsibility, including product design, verification and
validation, manufacturing and testing activities. Qualifications
- BS in Chemistry or Biological Sciences
- 0-2 years' experience in GMP chemistry manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable of federal and other regulations, e.g. QSR's,
ISO, ISO 13485.
- Ability to perform laboratory operations with a high degree of
skill, efficiency and professionalism.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing systems (documentation,
compliance, inventory control, production scheduling/controls,
- Must be very detail oriented.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Solid understanding of the product and manufacturing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Occasional safe lifting of up to 45 pounds
- US citizenship or green card.
- Candidates must be local to San Diego County Desired Skills:
- Experience fabricating, functionalizing, and processing
- Experience with optical microscopes, UV-Vis, DLS,
Zeta-Potential, TEM, or SEM. Additional Information APPLICATION
PROCESS Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover
letter. The cover letter should include information on how your
previous experience relates to the job requirements and your
availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be
considered without a cover letter. All your information will be
kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: nanoComposix, San Diego , Production Chemist - Nanoparticle Synthesis, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!