Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst
Company: General Atomics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum
potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our
corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across
multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human
Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting
& Finance, and Contracts & Procurement. Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7
years) Travel: 0 - 25 Success Profile What makes a successful
Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst at General Atomics? Check
out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right
- Team Player
- Versatile Date posted 02/17/2021 Job ID 30691BR Company General
Atomics Experience Level Mid-Level (3-7 years) Job Title
Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst City San Diego State
California Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Salary
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is
one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Incident Response Analyst to
join our ITS Cybersecurity Threat Analysis Center (CTAC). With
general supervision under the CTAC manager, this position is
responsible for cybersecurity threat hunting, incident response,
threat and intrusion analysis, digital forensics, cybersecurity
consulting and threat assessments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active threat hunting within the General Atomics network.
- Identifies cybersecurity vulnerabilities and participates in
the development and implementation of remediations.
- Develops signatures and alerts to enhance visibility of complex
threats using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Performs digital forensics and detailed reporting for
cybersecurity and internal investigations.
- In-depth analysis and detailed reporting of threats, malware,
root cause and endpoint behavior using a variety of tools including
IR Case Management, EDR, SIEM, PCAP, malware sandbox and customized
- Performs threat emulation and detection analysis based on Mitre
- Performs maintenance and upkeep of the CTAC lab and various
analysis tools and services.
- Collects, maintains and analyzes threat intelligence from both
internal and external sources.
- Develops process enhancements and efficiencies to improve
overall cybersecurity incident response and team effectiveness in
the form of custom developed security tools and automation
- Works in partnership with the ITS Cyber Security Operations
Center (CSOC) as an escalation resource for incident response and
- Consults within ITS and internal business units regarding
cybersecurity architecture and threat mitigation.
- Performs and manages threat assessments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in a related discipline
and five or more years of progressive professional experience in
cyber security or a related field. Equivalent professional
experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of cyber security
incident response, cybersecurity analysis principles, theories,
concepts and techniques.
- Must have experience organizing, planning, scheduling,
conducting, and managing work assignments to meet project
milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the
development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to
identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of
technical problems; (2) good analytical, verbal and written
communication skills to accurately document, report, and present
findings; (3) good interpersonal skills enabling an effective
interface with other professionals and team mates; and (4) good
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is
essential as is the ability to work extended hours as
- The following certifications are desirable:
- GCIA, GCIH, GCFE, GPEN, CCSP, CEH Travel Percentage Required 0
- 25 Relocation Assistance Provided No US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No "General Atomics is a company that has
provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where
you can go in this company." - Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition
Specialist "I consider myself an effective leader and manager who
also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can
ensure we are taking care of our customers." Get General Atomics
job alerts delivered right to your inbox. Be among the first to get
the latest career news, hiring events and other information helpful
to your professional goals. General Atomics is committed to hiring
and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, religious creed, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual
orientation, transitioning status, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, age, genetic information, military and
veteran status, marital status, medical condition, mental
disability, physical disability, or any other basis protected by
local, state, or federal law. EEO is the law. We also prohibit
compensation discrimination under all applicable laws. To learn
more click here . U.S. Citizenship is required for certain
positions. We endeavor to make the online job application process
accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability that
impacts your ability to complete the job application process and
would like to request assistance or a reasonable accommodation,
please contact (858) 455-4545, or click here . This contact
information is for accommodation requests only, not to inquire
about the status of applications. If you experience issues with the
career site or would like to provide feedback, contact us at:
Keywords: General Atomics, San Diego , Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!