SAP BASIS Lead (ECC 6.0 / S4 HANA
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 24, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more Job Title: SAP BASIS Lead (ECC 6.0 / S4 HANA)
When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging
work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and
innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization
you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of
more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the
industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to
make significant contributions to the world. Location/Division
Specific Information This position can be based out of our
Carlsbad, California or Frederick, Maryland Offices hosting ETO ERP
Teams. How will you make an impact? The SAP S/4 Basis Lead will
play a key role in delivering IT strategic and strategic projects,
developing technical solutions and working with internal SAP Basis
and Security Team. This will also involve working with various
internal IT teams to determine and build robust SAP Basis and
Security solutions across multiple SAP environments (including ECC,
S/4, CRM, eWM, SCM, C4C etc.). Additional responsibilities include
monitoring SAP applications, reviewing and investigating
application issues. The SAP S/4 Basis Lead will collaborate with
business process owners and other SAP functional teams to configure
SAP applications to meet the business needs. What will you do? The
SAP S/4 Basis Lead will be responsible for designing, building and
implementing SAP technical solutions considered best-in-class and
aligned to organization milestones and priorities. Lead will be
tasked with maintaining a scalable infrastructure and ERP
architecture, enabling the organization to rapidly deploy business
critical products and services while maintaining the highest level
- Responsible for oversight of technical strategies relative to
creation, implementation, and expansion of SAP environments.
- Provide technical leadership to develop, implement, and monitor
consistent architectural standards across the SAP landscape.
- Manages technical team to implement the application environment
for delivering SAP's enterprise services architecture and other
- Develop operational procedures and processes to ensure adequate
support of environments.
- Preside over planning and administration of SAP platform for
improved systems functionality.
- Recommends new technologies to utilize, based on company's
- Act as a key escalation point for business critical problems
related to the ERP landscape.
- Ensures completeness, accuracy, standards, and content of
- Demonstrates effective self and personnel leadership skills
including: motivating, encouraging, enforcing accountability,
directing activities, leading by example.
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively teach others.
- Ability to maintain a high level of motivation, drive, goal
orientation, and positive moral.
- Facilitate the relationship with development team leaders;
ensure teams are providing needed quality, sustainable, and
performance tuned solutions.
- Provide input to architecture, security, and data standards;
ensure end-to-end solutions adhere to these standards.
- Monitor work products of team members to ensure standard
processes are followed when creating and maintaining solutions
documentation for projects, enhancements, and support
- In partnership with Enterprise Architect(s), stay abreast of
and share industry trends and emerging technology topics.
- Provide technical leadership in support of audit requests.
- Actively participate in Major Incident Management (MIM) calls
and Post-Mortem Reviews How will you get here? Education
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with a
minimum of 10 years of related post-graduate work experience.
- A degree in computer science or related field. Experience
- 3+ full lifecycle SAP implementations
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on and leadership experience
supporting SAP on-premise and cloud platforms; SAP S/4HANA
- Demonstrated experience with project management/delivery / ITIL
in a regulated environment
- Experience with implementing Dashboards, KPI implementation to
report out on support activities Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Expertise in SAP technologies: SAP Basis, ECC, S4, DB HANA,
SOLMAN, SAP ABAP, SAP NetWeaver, SAP Fiori, SAP Web Dispatcher, SSO
3.0 Solutions, SAP Data Services,
- Cloud Experience in SAP Cloud Platform (SCP) and (AWS).
- Good knowledge of ADS, Set up SolMan CHARM, Fiori and Gateway
services, web IDE and HANA cloud connector & workflow monitoring,
- Experience with Solution Manager and transport management
processes; experience defining / operating SAP transport paths in a
complex technical architecture
- Experience with system sizing, storage management, database
sizing/management, backups, and disaster recovery for SAP
- Experience working with service-based API's (e.g. SOAP, Rest,
- Expertise with SAP Tuning, Troubleshooting, Debugging related
to system performance is required
- Familiarity with configuring SAP GRC and single sign-on
- Experience with technical project management and / or
leadership skills including the ability to plan, organize, and
- Proven track record for completing projects in specified
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently,
- Demonstrated high level of written, verbal and interpersonal
skills to communicate technical and non-technical information,
ideas, procedures and processes
- Able to work in a fast-paced, agile environment, and with all
levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an
organization how current trends and technology can address
identified business needs and capabilities
- Maintains a positive work environment through teamwork &
conflict resolution. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our
70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer. To access this job later or
share with a friend, please enter Name and Email Address below.
Your Name Get notified for similar jobs Sign up and receive similar
job alerts to your email Enter Email address Get customized job
recommendations based on your career area of interest. How would
you rate your experience popup Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the
world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25
billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are
accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical
challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or
increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to
support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues
delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies,
purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, San Diego , SAP BASIS Lead (ECC 6.0 / S4 HANA, Professions , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!