Company: BNBuilders, Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 8, 2021
- Opportunity.OpportunityDetail.PostedLabel : January 10, 2020
recognized as a best workplace, and for our commitment to safety,
sustainability, and community partnerships, BNBuilders hires the
very best in the construction industry and strives to create an
environment that encourages innovation, responsibility, and client
satisfaction. If you are looking to be a part of an open,
supportive team and receive exciting challenges that promote
personal and professional growth, look no further than
BNBuilders!-- JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously through preconstruction
phase from conceptual to contract.
- Develop conceptual Cost Models to assist owners and architects
with preliminary planning.
- Develop accurate detailed estimates, including self-perform
- Lead constructability reviews with project team including
internal resources, owner and design team.
- Evaluate and maintain historical cost database(s.)
- Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during
preconstruction, monitor design development cost trends in order to
detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Lead value engineering process by coordinating ideas from
entire project team. Provide and manage ideas with full team and
ensure implementation into design.
- Implement best value process to evaluate VE ideas.
- Participate in the preparation of construction schedule for
estimating purposes; request and discuss staffing requirements, and
logistics plan with Construction Manager or Project Manager.
- Prepare General Conditions estimate and review with Director of
Preconstruction Services, Division Manager, Construction Manager
and Project Manager assigned to the project.
- Effectively negotiate for win-win outcomes.
- Actively participate in presentation, interview & proposal
- Support Business Development in proposal presentations, aid in
building client and Architect/Engineer relationships.
- Review and advise on assigned estimates prepared by other
assigned estimators. Maintain current estimating records, studies,
unit prices, etc.
- Coordinate with Operations during buyout process.
- Assist Project Managers in evaluating and analyzing
- Perform trade scope review and identifying potential
- Coordinate tasks with Innovation Team for model based takeoffs,
VR, AR, etc.
- Manage design build projects to align scope with budget.
Management of internal resources, design team and clients integral
to process. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to manage project teams including internal resources,
design teams and client.
- Four year college degree in engineering, construction
management, architecture or similar.
- Minimum of eight years of vertical commercial building
- Experience in hospitality, higher education, mixed use, office,
multi-family, life science
- Operations and field experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of On-Screen Take Off,
Bluebeam, Sage and Proficiency in MS office suite.
- Extensive knowledge of key principles involved in bid
preparations, including quantity survey procedures, sub-trade
procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures.
- Ability to build an estimate without detailed plans and
- Ability to identify competitors and understand current local
- Ability to identify risks associated with contract and project
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationship with owners, architects,
engineers, subcontractors that lead to positive outcomes.
- Excellent team player and ability to manage and mentor
estimators. Your full LinkedIn profile
will be shared. Learn More
Keywords: BNBuilders, Inc, San Diego , Pre-Construction Manager, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!