Director of Fleet and Facility Maintenance
Company: MV Transportation
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 10, 2021
MV Transportation is seeking a Director of Fleet and Facility
Maintenance who is a dynamic, multi-task oriented senior
professional to provide oversight and support for several
maintenance divisions. The Director of Maintenance will ensure all
contractual requirements are achieved and consistent monitoring
daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports. The Regional Director
will oversee 10-20 locations, and he/she must be able to properly
manage a budget for maintenance programs and innovative preventive
maintenance initiatives.Talent Requirements
- Must have a minimum of eight (8) to10 combined years of fixed
route and paratransit bus maintenance management experience coupled
with multi location experience.
- Must have experience managing/ directing 20 plus employees
(fleet techs/service workers/cleaners).
- Experience working with 100+ buses within the last year.
- Experience working in transit industry within the last
- Must have client interface track record on strategic fleet
initiatives, OSHA regulations and environmental requirements.
- Must be able to manage and interface with unionized labor
- Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories,
vendors and suppliers and warranty cost savings.
- Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage work
schedules, projects, and assignments for multi locations.
- Must be able to manage the financial/accounting aspects of a
fleet maintenance operation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of
staff in written and oral formats.
- Must have technical competence with light/medium/heavy duty
vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor, and tact at
- ASE or manufacture's certifications a plus.
- Technical experience with fixed route/coach transit bus
- Solid knowledge of managing audits, PM schedules.
- Experience with Diesel, CNG, and Alternative fuels a plus.
- College degree or equivalent business management
- Management experience required.
- Experienced in Word, Excel and database software and fleet
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of multi-tasking skills.
- Must have a CDL class B with passenger and airbrake
- Must be able and willing to travel 80%.MV Transportation is
committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical
or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic
information or any other legally recognized protected basis under
federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The
information collected by this application is solely to determine
suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment
statistics on applicants. Where permissible under applicable state
and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug
test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of
Keywords: MV Transportation, San Diego , Director of Fleet and Facility Maintenance, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!