Production/Assembly Supervisor II
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 23, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position is responsible for managing production and
developmental programs for GA-ASI. Develops and manages activities
for the manufacturing and assembling of Cable and Harness
Assemblies. Establishes operating policies and procedures and
interprets, executes and recommends modifications to organizational
policies. Coordinates day to day activities of the production
process, including personnel supervision, training, work
assignments, and coordination of the product flow through the
production and final assembly phases.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to encourage teamwork and positive attitudes to
establish a positive working environment.
- Maintain and improve morale and cohesiveness of group.
- Supervises production and assembly staff in various locations
through all phases of production.
- Offers guidance and coaching to manufacturing personnel.
- Coordinates the building of cable assembly needed for the
- Must have participated in Lean Manufacturing activities and
- Leads or participates with teams to improve working environment
and product throughput; and most importantly raise the level of
awareness for lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Manages and participates in the planning, attraction,
selection, retention, and development of human resources. Assigns,
directs and reviews the work of employees.
- Represents the production and assembly group with planning,
test, quality, production control and engineering staff; represents
the group with outside vendors and customers regarding projects,
operations, scheduling and contractual requirements.
- Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine information
such as material to be used, type and sequence of operations
required; ensures adequate usage and supply of all production
materials and tooling.
- Interprets, executes and recommends plans, policies, procedures
and schedules; seeks methods to improve product quality,
repeatability and efficiency; schedules and coordinates work
assignments; ensures accurate time charging.
- Participates in the development of over-all objectives and long
term goals of the group.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance and quality of product; develops and oversees changes
in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
of the departments.
- Oversees configuration changes in the product and supports
field upgrades and operations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work and lead the workplace in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and
- Provides mentoring, guidance and coaching.
- Be able to Monitor employee performance to quality levels and
- ?Must have strong communication skills and be able to notify
management of production needs, concerns and opportunities.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver presentations to Senior
Leadership.We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions
of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and nine or more years
of progressive professional experience in a related technical field
with at least three of those years in a supervisory capacity. May
substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive technical understanding of
production and assembly concepts and practices, with the ability to
organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads and staff to meet
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and
develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex matters of
diverse scope and nature.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety
of audiences including management and outside representatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all
levels of employees and external representatives.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive
- Ability to represent the company on external projects.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Security
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, San Diego , Production/Assembly Supervisor II, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!