Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 15, 2022
IntroductionASML US brings together the most creative minds in
science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key
to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We
design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced
machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San
Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.Job
MissionWe are currently seeking a Mechanical Designer Engineerto
join our Facilities Management team in San Diego.The Mechanical
Engineer will manage the facilities utility infrastructure as a
subject matter expert to ensure capacity and reliability in
design.They will be responsible for tracking and ensuring
schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets (specifications),
resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, and other general
engineering planning activities.They will need to have compliance
knowledge of building codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA
- Reviews feasibility studies and designs, perform design
calculations, approve floor plans, construction plans and specs,
work with contractors and Project Manager during execution.
- Ensures that the facilities project plan is communicated and
followed within the program's engineering team.
- Ensures excellent cross-functional communication (through
effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination
between Engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Manages the effective usage of the design review process and
facilitate necessary approvals.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution
- Ensures successful completion of facility projects by ensuring
required inspections, commissioning and handoff to facilities
maintenance end user(s).
- Negotiates consulting and construction services contracts and
- Manages and ensures that construction and system hookups by
outside contractors is done in a safe manner per approved scope,
schedule and cost.
- Performs reviews on key developments and drives necessary
changes into the Facilities Planning Process or other applicable
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to
department methods, processes and policies that affect multiple
- Responsible for facility project documentation from planning
through project closeout.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical
Engineering from an ABET accredited university and 3- 5 years of
- Technical knowledge in HVAC, clean room filtration, boilers,
water purification, wastewater collection and treatment, process
cooling water, central plant utilities exhaust ventilation, air
treatment systems, high-purity gas distribution, gas detection,
process gases, safety alarm systems, electrical distribution and
clean room operations desired.
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex data using
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and
effectively report problems through written and/or graphical
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex
problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects
and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to
successfully meet project objectives.
- Ability to develop utility master plans, strategic planning and
present recommendations to senior management.Other informationEOE
Keywords: ASML, San Diego , Facilities Engineer, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!