Company: Ametek, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Buyer position is responsible for procurement activities of
electronic components, metals, fabricated parts, and assemblies to
support manufacturing of programmable power supplies in a high-mix
environment. Ensures materials are delivered on time and to
schedule and within the guidelines of company supply chain
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
* Performs purchasing activities including pricing, volume
discounts, negotiating terms and long-term contracts with
suppliers, and delivery of goods/services to support build plans,
* Participates and drive-in efforts to lower inventory and drive
down material costs.
* Negotiates best terms (price, delivery, and payment terms) with
suppliers, while maintaining efficient output of purchase orders to
reach highest quality at best value.
* Challenge and influence non-conforming and/or underperforming
* Direct the disposition of any and all issues impeding the flow of
materials required to meet business demands.
* Determine optimal supply chain strategy at a tactical level for
* Establish optimal supplier base working through the Commodity
* Establish optimal supply chain arrangement for each and every
* Interpret MRP output and place purchase orders.
* Implement supply chain strategy through Warehousing and Planning
at the part number level of detail.
* Respond to daily shortage report.
* Purchase order administration and follow-up.
* Process supplier returns and replacements.
* Assist Accounts Payable in resolving related issues
* Complete tasks and special projects as assigned
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
* Working with ambiguity - Achieves forward progress in the face of
poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work
effectively with limited or partial information
* Critical thinking - Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments
and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might
miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into
problems and complex situations
* Drive for results - Aggressively pursues challenging goals and
objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to
accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach
* Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions - Bases decisions on a
systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making
assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
* 1+ years of experience executing the tactical and strategic
duties of the Purchasing function in electronics manufacturing
* Experience executing a visual replenishment (two-bin) system fed
from a bonded inventory at supplier location
* Aptitude in decision making and working with numbers
* Proficient in MS Office and MRP; Navision, Oracle or ManMan
knowledge a plus
* Negotiation skills with a track record of success
* Ability to create and maintain relationships with key
* Excellent communication skills: verbal communication,
presentations, and business writing
* U.S. Person
* Relevant Supply Chain certifications (CPSM, CPIM, SPSM, CSCP)
* Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration,
Logistics or related field preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to
occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30
AMETEK is a highly technical manufacturing company made up of 40
industry leading companies. Our mission is to solve our customers'
most challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions.
We employee 18,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries. AMETEK
(NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com
for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who
need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any
part of the employment process should call 1-866) 263-8359.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Keywords: Ametek, Inc., San Diego , Buyer, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!