Private Markets Analyst
Company: Meketa Investment Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Private Markets Analyst will evaluate the capabilities of
private market managers, and assist with special research on
private market strategies and opportunities. The primary focus of
the position will be on one or more private markets asset classes,
including private equity plus private debt, infrastructure, natural
resources, and/or real estate.
The Private Markets Analyst works closely with consultants and
other private market investment professionals in carrying out the
position's duties. The position reports to the firm's head of
private equity research. Experience in private equity investments,
specifically investment manager sourcing and due diligence on
primary, secondary investments, and co-investments is required.
- Coordinate manager searches for clients
- Conduct screening conference calls/meetings with new potential
managers to determine if further due diligence is
- Communicate our research and recommendations to prospective and
- Conduct research that contributes to improvements in the
quality of the company's investment advisory services (e.g.,
writing white papers).Write client memos that involve manager
updates and/or recommendations
- Fulfill any and all other duties deemed necessary by
- Bachelor's degree required; major in economics, business, or
- MBA, CFA or CAIA charter holder (or program enrollee)
- Three to seven years of relevant investment industry experience
- Sound understanding of economic and investment theory and
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Outstanding writing, presentation, and interpersonal
- Superb digital literacy, including facility with Microsoft
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to gather, organize, coordinate, and interpret data
from disparate sources
- Efficiently and accurately under time pressure and to meet
- Independently and to proactively seek new
- Work well with employees from other company departments and
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a
- Travel periodically, up to 20% of the time.
About Meketa Investment Group
Meketa Investment Group is an employee-owned full service
investment consulting and advisory firm. We work with some of the
nation's largest and most sophisticated institutional investors
including public and private plan sponsors. We have a staff of over
200 employees among our six U.S. office locations and London.
Meketa recognizes that our workforce is a reflection of our
company, and we operate in an inclusive environment that accepts
and promotes diversity. We believe our employees can best serve our
clients in an atmosphere where individuals are treated fairly,
where professional growth is developed and encouraged, and where a
healthy balance between work and home life is respected and
preserved. To support employees, Meketa offers a competitive
compensation structure, a wide range of benefits from core
insurance benefits to time-based benefits, as well as flexible
schedules and support for continuing education.
Meketa is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment, please contact us.
Keywords: Meketa Investment Group, Inc., San Diego , Private Markets Analyst, Professions , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!