Senior Estimator - Water/Wastewater
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Prepares the estimate for assigned construction discipline by
analyzing specifications and contract plans to determine cost
efficient quantities and construction practices to reach pursuit,
schedule and price goals.
- Reviews proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid
meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from purchase orders,
subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and
- Provides technical input regarding project and contract risks
to lead estimator responsible for final bid price approval. Reviews
final estimate to ensure defined work aligns with overall project
schedule and cost goals.
- Prepares discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff
of scope of work. Calculates material quantity requirements from
engineering drawing dimensions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss
and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Monitors client addendum and advises the estimating team on
changes during the estimate period.
- Assists with design review options and recommends best solution
based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of
- Partners with estimating team to prepare and conduct project
hand-off meetings between pursuit team and project management
- Researches and recommends vendors and subcontractors for
designated scopes of work to achieve pursuit and cost goals.
- Maintains knowledge of Company's values and strategic
- Support published corporate policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
related field required.
- 5+ year experience in construction industry, estimating or cost
- Specialized knowledge and experience in alternative
construction delivery methods.
- Required company or regulatory certifications
- Required company Safety certifications
- Advanced knowledge of HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software
- Communication and interpersonal skills for clear and effective
support research, recommendations and pricing.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Time management and strong prioritization skills to meet tight
turnaround and bid deadlines.
- Able to lead pursuit and estimating activities on a large or
complex pursuit project. Some of the benefits you may be eligible
for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
Keywords: Flatiron, San Diego , Senior Estimator - Water/Wastewater, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!