Electrical Engineering Team Lead
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
LocationSan Diego - CA, USTeamResearch &
developmentDegreeBachelorJob CategoryElectrical engineering
Introduction to the jobASML brings together the most creative minds
in science, technology and engineering to develop lithography
systems that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more
energy-efficient semiconductor products. We design, develop,
integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable
our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size
and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn
leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. ASML is
headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and has 18 office
locations around the United States. We are currently hiring for
senior level FPGA Design engineering positions for our San Diego,
CA location.If you have a passion for technology and innovation
you'll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of
progress.One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our
people that make the difference.This position requires access to
controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration
Regulations (15 C.F.R. - 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must
be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to
beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with
applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled
technology.Role and responsibilitiesThe EDEV Project Team Lead
(PTL) is the owner and responsible for the electrical
deliverable(s) in a project. The project team lead focuses on the
design process and delivery of prototype and production modules and
contributes at a hands-on level in delivering a variety of
tasks.The PTL will install an efficient meeting rhythm, ensuring
the team is at the right information level and interdependencies
are identified and managed. Creates detailed team-plan focusing on
lower segregation level of hardware/firmware planning of the
team.Defines deliverables for team members.Checks if deliverables
are finalized on time - intervening and coaching where needed.The
PTL focusses on the design process and creates realistic plans
based on technical content, and has responsibility to ensure that
quality is being met and ASML way of working is followed.
- Collaborate with various areas of the organization to provide
technical direction on finding solutions to issues.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution to the
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve
complex product and resourcing issues in creative and effective
- Ensures good team, project and cross-functional communication
(through effective meetings, project plans, email and/or other
means) to ensure coordination between
- Ensures quality of the design within the project(s) and ASML
EDEV design way of working is followed for various
- Coach the design team to discover solutions to technical
- Creates presentations for project/department leadership.
- Manages teams ranging in size from 5 - 15 in delivering key
- Creates team planning. Is responsible for the documentation
under assigned deliverables.
- Provide input for required resources and competence mix for
deliverables within agreed timeline.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, suppliers,
customer service, manufacturing, safety and QA to resolve quality
- Other duties & responsibilities assigned.Education and
- 5+ years' experience in electronic design, with hands-on
experience in requirements specification, detailed design, design
validation and qualification.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering Related
Disciple.BSEE with FPGA focus preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Embedded Logic & Firmware (FPGA) and familiar
with Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Board and Connectivity Design.
This includes design processes and technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to
influence, motivate, mentor and lead team resources.
- Strong ability to understand technical requirements, understand
team required to realize, organize the team, create project plans,
define team deliverables and support execution.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions with
- Self-starter, self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to
get the job done.
- Excellent organizational, reasoning, planning and motivational
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic
- Demonstrated experience achieving deliverable quality with
strong documentation requiredDiversity & InclusionASML is an Equal
Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a
diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to
recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We
recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the
success of our company.EOE AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityNeed to know
more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked
Keywords: ASML, San Diego , Electrical Engineering Team Lead, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!