Electrical Engineer/Project Manager
Company: Motive Companies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Be part of a company that has been named a "Best Place to Work"
the past 10 years in a row!An excellent opportunity for a Mid to
Senior Level Electrical Engineer/Project Manager to be based from
our San Diego, CA office. With this position you will be involved
in the design and management of medium voltage infrastructure,
substation design, power and lighting systems for new buildings and
- Perform field surveys for the design of electrical systems,
gather information, and prepare site assessment report.
- Prepare electrical schematic designs.Design Engineering
- Design power single line and riser diagrams.
- Perform electrical calculations (arc flash, coordination, short
circuit, voltage drop, load flow) using ETAP/SKM.
- Lighting fixtures and power equipment selection.
- Perform lighting and power circuiting.
- Design and coordinate the lighting control system.
- Prepare fire alarm device layout based on International Fire
Code and NFPA 72.
- Design fire alarm riser diagrams, calculations, and sequence of
- Prepare enlarged plans, elevations, schedules, and
- Understand and utilize CAD/BIM standards.
- Have a working knowledge of California Electrical Code and
Energy Standards to design medium voltage and low voltage
- Coordination among different disciplines, such as mechanical,
plumbing, telecom, civil, structural, and architectural. Work in
close contact with the entire design team.
- Edit specifications for projects.Project Management
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple large size projects
involving other senior engineers and subconsultants.
- Provide mentorship to design engineers.
- Prepare proposals independently for clients.
- Demonstrate active development of business with new and
existing clients.Construction Administration
- Review and respond to RFI's.
- Review equipment submittals.
- Perform punch walks and prepare punch list report.
- Degree: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical
Engineering, majoring in Power and Energy Systems.
- PE License preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience
- Able to lead electrical design projects and a team of design
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Experience managing multi-discipline projects (MEPT).
- Experience using AutoCAD, ETAP/SKM and Revit.
- Be self-motivated, inquisitive, detail-oriented, adept at
looking at underlying issues, and willing to work in fast-paced
- Possess strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Prior experience working on Federal facilities such as Army
Bases, Coast Guard Facilities, and Navy Bases/Shipyards is a plus,
but not required. Must be able to access and perform site visits on
Federal facilities/bases independently.#IND1IND123
Keywords: Motive Companies, San Diego , Electrical Engineer/Project Manager, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!