Senior Financial Analyst - Remote
Company: Checkers & Rally's Drive-In Restaurants
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Senior Financial AnalystThis is a REMOTE Position We are seeking
a Senior Financial Analyst to serve as a business partner to drive
effective planning and forecasting and financial analysis of our
restaurant operations. This person will report to our Senior
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis. The Senior Financial
Analyst will perform financial analysis to evaluate operational
performance and support budgeting, forecasting, and decision-making
as well as produce reports and financial KPI's using SQL and
Microsoft Power BI to provide meaningful insights to our restaurant
leaders.The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and
be comfortable manipulating and summarizing observations from large
data sets. The individual should also be experienced in the use of
Power BI to create reports, dashboards, and KPI's and SQL to
retrieve data. The candidate should be well-organized and have
excellent time management skills in order to handle multiple tasks
simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.This position can be remote
or optionally can work from our corporate office in Tampa, Florida.
The ability to travel up to four times per year to our headquarters
or to our restaurants or hotels for meetings and conferences and
in-person activities as necessary.Responsibilities:
- Provide analysis to our restaurant operations team.
- Create and update financial and nonfinancial KPI reporting in
Power BI. Financial metrics includes revenues and cost trends and
variances to annual operating plans and forecasts. Nonfinancial
metrics examples would be complaints, guest satisfaction, and
restaurant service speed.
- Document variances of revenues and costs to plans and
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to
analyze revenues, costs, and trends.
- Provide insights into potential cost savings areas to
restaurant operations leaders (executive and director level
- Provides weekly updates to leadership team through completion
of Excel schedules and Powerpoint presentations.
- Collaborate across teams and departments in annual planning and
- Create and maintain financial models to project revenues and
- Use SQL to obtain historical data to assist with financial
- Proactively perform analyses to understand inefficiencies and
- Key contributor in preparation of Period Business Reviews.
- Create and update charts, graphs, and slides for use in
management reporting activities.
- Partner with various teams in presentation of results to
- Provide period financial reporting to our restaurant operations
- Period financials include restaurant unit level plans, profit
and loss statements, and consolidated profit and loss
- High-level analytical and problem-solving skills with the
ability to think independently, take corrective action, and to
resolve inquiries and requests for information.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple
priorities, meet demanding deadlines, adjust to sudden changes in
workflow, and maintain high quality standards.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from leaders and peers.
- Ability to establish and maintain robust processes relied upon
by senior management.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and propose creative
- Ability to maintain all job-related information in a
confidential and private manner.
- Effectively communicates and develops professional cooperation
across the organization.
- The position works closely with other members of the finance,
information technology, and restaurant director teams and must be
able to maintain productive working relationships with all
departments as required.Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or analytical field
(Mathematics, Statistics, etc.). MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in financial
- Experience in restaurant or retail industries preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI is required.
- Experience with SQL databases with large data sets is
- Experience with Planful or equivalent financial planning and
analytics software is preferred, but not required. Training on
Planful can be provided.Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written information such
as procedure manuals, Company communications or governmental
- Ability to travel required to attend training, meetings and
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods in one location which may
be restricted to the employee's workstation.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Checkers & Rally's Drive-In Restaurants, San Diego , Senior Financial Analyst - Remote, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!