Refrigeration Technician, Petco Park
Company: Delaware North
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Sportservice is looking for a
Maintenance Worker to join our team at Petco Park in San Diego,
California. As part of the Maintenance team you will work under the
direction of the Facilities Manager performing routine maintenance
duties throughout the property.Responsibilities
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous responses to all
requests, including those from food and beverage service provider,
other contracted building service providers and Ballpark
- Assist to ensure compliance with all City, State and Federal
safety and environmental laws, codes, standards and
- Display knowledge of how each of the components in the facility
systems relates operationally to one another and has the ability to
modify and/or install new system(s), as required.
- Ability to supervise repairs and installation of new systems
within the area of expertise.
- Can identify the potential causes for failure of a system or
systems and recommend repairs process.
- Perform maintenance on chilled water air handlers and fan
- Perform refrigerator and ice machine troubleshooting and
- Perform reclaiming refrigerants, charging refrigerants,
repairing leaks, and brazing.
- Plumbing and Sewer Systems.
- Test, adjust and repair sewer diverters as needed.
- Compose written, factual reports of occurrences and incidents
on property, including appropriate and prompt completion notices
relative to all assigned work orders.
- Proactively search for opportunities to improve the physical
facility, including identifying problem or deficient areas,
developing immediate solutions and recommending work flow
- Proactively recommend opportunities to improve current facility
operations, protocols, processes and best practices. This includes
suggestions on protocol and process improvement, how work is
scheduled and sequenced based on facility use and non-use, budget
reduction and savings opportunities, safety suggestions, etc.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot unplanned challenges and
offer cost effective, safe, and compliant solutions.
- Perform all Maintenance in a safe manner.
- Assist emergency authorities and response teams.
- Comply with all written company policies.
- Represents the Club in a positive and professional manner at
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- High School Diploma or GED is required, college degree a
- Minimum 5 years previous experience.
- HVAC/Refrigeration training and certification.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word,
Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Experience in CAD a plus.
- Clear understanding of OSHA regulations and the ability to
proactively ensure compliance with such regulations.
- General knowledge of office skills, use of office equipment
(copier, laser printers, fax machine, telephones, computers)
- Must be able to: Read and understand a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral or schedule form, including shop manuals
- Read and use all types of refrigeration test equipment, analog
digital multi-meters, pressure and temperature indicating and
recording devices, air flow measuring devices, and leak detection
- Knowledge of basic hand tools (i.e., socket sets, wrenches,
pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.)
- Knowledge of power tools (i.e., pneumatic, electric or engine
drive), drill motors, saws, grinder, impact wrenches, etc.
- Maintain calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Ability to use deductive logic for troubleshooting
- Strong collaboration, communication, time management and
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage projects on strict
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proven ability to correctly use punctuation and
- Able to travel to and gain access to various areas of the
ballpark for prolonged periods of time.
- Position requires standing 100% of the time.
- The ability to lift and transport 25lbs or more.
- Climb up and down stairs and ladders, and access remote work
areas and confined spaces ( i.e. crawl spaces, roofs, etc.), and
the ability to use full range of manual dexterity (i.e.: sitting,
squatting, bending, kneeling, lifting and walking)
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor locations, during a
variety of weather situations.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends,
holidays and overtime as needed. This includes the ability to work
baseball games, non-baseball events, and traditional office hours,
whichever is needed at any given time.
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism,
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work with others in a collaborative,
respectful manner.Who We Are At Delaware North, you ll love where
you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s
in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic
hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your
career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in
a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you
have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our
vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and
its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin,
age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or
any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
opportunity employer. Associated topics: air conditioning, batt,
environmental, gas, heat, hvac r, insulation, refrigeration,
Keywords: Delaware North, San Diego , Refrigeration Technician, Petco Park, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!