Animal Care Technician
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company, is looking to hire an
Animal Care Technician to provide husbandry and animal care to
laboratory animals (rodents, rabbits, dogs, pigs, and other animals
as needed) in conventional, immunocompromised, and BSLII laboratory
areas.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:The Husbandry
Technician will perform, but not limited to, the following duties
- Perform animal observations; provide care and husbandry
- Observe, record, and report atypical findings of the
environment and animal's health. Immediately reports such matters
to the Vivarium Manager.
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of
laboratory animals., This includes providing clean food, water, and
bedding; as well as provides assistance to investigators, and CRO
areas in experimental procedures and post-operative care.
- Maintains animal room records; e.g. census, sanitation,
environmental monitoring, enrichment, feeding, and cage card animal
- Receive animals (e.g., general health observation, sexing, and
- Provide daily reports of the general condition of the facility
with respect to safety, sanitation, equipment operation, and
maintenance, as well as environmental monitoring of the assigned
- Operate and maintain animal care equipment, including the
washing, cleaning, and autoclaving of cages.
- Ensure that animal populations are treated humanely.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.Requirements:
- Some prior applicable experience and proficiency in
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal
- Ability to understand light to moderately complex SOPs and
protocols. Documentation of such data must be legible.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as well as
provide comprehensive (24-hour a day/7 days a week) after hours and
- Work in moderate to high noise level environment and perform
repetitive tasks such as walking bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Occasional local travel may be required.Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is a minimum requirement.
- 6 months prior experience is desirable.
- Experience in a laboratory setting desired.Benefits:Absorption
Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of
benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits
package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plan with Employer
- Health Reimbursement Account Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse &
- Short and Long Term Disability 100% Employer Paid
- 401k with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance ProgramAbout Absorption Systems, a
Pharmaron CompanyAbsorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists
pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and
overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion
and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and
medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into
each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models
to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to
continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to
accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human
outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in
Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers
throughout the world.Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and
research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our
employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We
encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to
contribute to the success of the organization and advance their
careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment
where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration
with each other while being passionate about innovation. The
professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented
environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals.
Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for
autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in
directions that align their individual aspirations with company
growth.Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Pharmaron, San Diego , Animal Care Technician, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!